main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Off topic

Android Wear

17: Community Champion

@Nabs One day I have no doubt that I'll get one but it won't be quite yet.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

@thesoupdragonwrote:
Thanks @Nabs, that really is a good looking watch.

I think it's the best looking smartwatch on the market right now!

The only think I may change would be to add a metal strap option though it does specifically mention that doing so may degrade the WiFi performance, guess it would interfere with the antenna.

@thesoupdragon wrote:
The internet connection you mention, is that because signal is sparse when you are driving?

Yup exactly, Vodafone's data coverage is non existant for most of the time i'm out + I rely on a VSS for a connection at home. Unfortunately it does limit my ability to use it but not a lot I can do about that.

View more options
16: Advanced member

@Nabs wrote:

@63johnw@drey_pYou mean like the Gear S? :smileywink: Problem there is that they are not using Android wear (having chose Tizen) so you don't have the app support

I didn't realise the Gear S could do that.  Don't you have to have 2 SIM cards to use it though?  Won't that mean you have to have 2 different numbers?

I have to agree with TSD - that is a good looking watch Nabs.

@63johnw - how about some pics of yours?

PWIAC

View more options

IMG_20150718_223859.JPG

View more options

Cool watch 63johnw!

PWIAC

View more options

@drey_p This video would suggest you can forward calls from your phone to the device or you can make call straight from the device. It supports the main 2G and 3G frequencies as well. A certain bubbly network is stocking it, they may know more details on the costs involved. And yes it takes a nanoSIM

@63johnw That's a nice face you're using,I guess it's not one of the defaults?

View more options
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.smartwatchface.watch.face.aviator.android.wear

It's this one but I signed up for testing on new versions, this is a beta test, has phone and watch battery level indictors at the bottom instead of just watch battery on the main version
View more options
Actually just read description and its saying dual battery so it must have been adopted.
View more options

IMG_20150718_225525.JPG

For @jeffkinn

View more options

@Nabs wrote:

This video would suggest you can forward calls from your phone to the device or you can make call straight from the device. 

Oh okay, it sounds like you have different number for your Gear then.  I was more meaning that it would be nice to have either device, but have the same number on both so you can literally just pick one of them up and go with no need to forward calls.

PWIAC

View more options