Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklisted phone

Jon404
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've purchased a Vodaphone-spec Huawei P30 Pro  (vog-l09) from eBay which has worked fine for months but has now been blacklisted.

What I'd like to know is where this blacklist was requested from, so I know who to ask to get it lifted.

Did the request come through Vodafone by mistake who didn't recognise the change in ownership? And if so is there a way to provide the purchase information to transfer ownership and unblock?

Could the request have come in via another method and is it possible to identify them so I can clear this up?

The seller kindly requested a network unlock code for me after I purchased it, so I could use it on other networks, so I don't like to think it was to do something untoward.

Any light that can be shed on the process would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jon

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jon404 

This is going to be between you and the seller, due to GDPR data protection Vodafone won't be in any position to divulge and information on who or why the device was blacklisted. You won't be able to get the blacklisting removed, that can only be done by the person who made the request.

The is a common scam, the seller sells a working phone and then reports it as lost or stolen, claims on the insurance and has double the money, if this is what has happened the phone will be the property of the insurance company.

If you paid by PayPal make a complaint and get your money refunded that way.

Just spoke to my network and in a couple of minutes they confirmed that the previous owner has reported the phone stolen approx. 3 months after selling it to me on eBay. This gives me enough information to raise a case with eBay to resolve. It's a shame that Vodafone couldn't have been as helpful.

That was helpful! Thanks for expaining

Jon404

Thank you for replying so quickly.

So what I can infer from your message is that this wouldn't have been actioned by Vodafone for using the mobile on a different network or similar.

I will contact PayPal for further action.

BandOfBrothers

No Vodafone are not interested on what a network a phone supplied by them is being used on.

If you can engage with the seller.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.