Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Different time zones

PepsiLover
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi! I would like to know if when roaming the time zone difference is adjusted automatically or we need to adjust it manually. Thank you very much. :Smiling:

14 REPLIES 14

Yes I do, I am a Vodafone Romania subscriber. But I guess Vodafone Romania is in good partnership with Vodafone UK. :Smiling: 

Once again sorry if I posted in the wrong topic. :Smiling:

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @PepsiLover 

I have merged your threads together.

I have seen you are coming to visit the UK from Romania.  Your English is very good.

The Romanian network would probably offer roaming to the UK and EU destinations, definitely check with them before you leave for the UK and turn on your roaming clock on the phone for when you call home to Romania.

When I replied I gave the information for the UK network and unless you were a Vodafone UK customer that would have been incorrect.

I hope you enjoy your visit to the UK.

Oh, you mean you combined my two threads? It was a bit confusing to me at first but I got it. :Smiling: Thank you!

So what if I'm not a Vodafone UK costumer? I might be during my visit in UK because I am a Vodafone Romania costumer so I am sure regardless the signal I might be connected to Vodafone UK. :Smiling:

AnnS

Hi @PepsiLover 

If you are using your Romanian SIM for your visit to the UK, you will roaming on the UK network, and your phone will show an 'R' to confirm you are roaming, you may not necessarily connect to Vodafone UK, you will be able to roam on any network in the UK where you are able to get a connection but since Vodafone have a network in Romania, this will most probably be Vodafone UK.

Check with your network before you leave here:  Vodafone Romania they will be able to make sure your roaming is enabled for use in the UK.

I did check with them, they told me roaming is activated ever since I activated my postpaid contract. So my smartphone is ready but I am not, just yet, since it will be my first experience.

It's funny that Vodafone smartphones love Vodafone so much that if they can't find their home signal to look for any other Vodafone branded network. :Laughing_Face: