Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Found a phone

Symn
1: Seeker

I found a phone on a train at Schiphol Airport Amsterdam, i think it belongs to a British person with a vodafone subscription, its a damaged simlocked iphone with a vodaphone simcard.

I figured the person has a better chance getting her phone back if I took it instead of giving it to the lost and found of the National Railways because they have a difficult procedure getting your stuff back here (you have to come and get it at a specific location, and i figured the person was leaving the country)

So, if any vodafone official can PM me about further info, please do

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @Symn

Thank you for taking the time to notify us about this.

I'm afraid Vodafone cannot look into or disclose any information regarding the owner of the phone, because in order to access individual accounts to check the phone ID (IMEI) we need security information from the owner. This is due to data protection. 

The best way forward is to take the phone into your local police station, and they will notify us and we can then help return it :Smiling:

Many thanks once again, all the best,

Louise

What if I gave you the imei and you contact the owner? Or what if she has 'find my iPhone' on? Won't that help? The phone now says: no service in the top left corner btw. I'm not going to bring it to the police because that will be utterly pointless, sorry.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone would not engage with anyone else apart from tbe account holder / owner - period. 

No Service probably means they have phoned Vodafone and blocked their SIM card and the phone via its imei number. 

You should pass it to the police or in the Uk pass it to a Vodafone Employee although they wouldn't be able to gain access.

At least if you hand it into the police it'll be placed in Lost Property incase the owner enquires if it's been handed in. 

If its been blocked then findmyiphone won't work as it requires a data connection. They can check in that feature where the iPhone was last before it died / lost service however. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Symn

Understandably, you mean well and would like to return the lost property to the rightful owner.

If Vodafone did anything to access the account holders information without permission from the account holder, they would be in serious breech of data protection laws.

The owner may have already made an insurance claim on the phone with the phone now being the property of the insurance company.  The phone may have been IMEI blocked rendering it useless.

OK, I understand. Thnx

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You could try holding down the homebutton to invoke siri and command it to 'find my details.'

This may / may not work especially if the owner has reported it lost and the iphone has been bloecked as siri wont work without a data connection.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.