Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I NEED TO SPEAK WITH A HUMAN.

Hevs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

DESPICABLE SERVICE BY VODAFONE.

. I have been a customer for many years (must be about 20). I am currently unexpectedly in Italy because my dad had a fall whilst on holiday. He has been in hospital for 8 weeks. We are trying to get him flown home through insurance but it’s complicated because he has lost capacity, is so ill he needs end of life care. The internet has been invaluable. I spend most of my time at the hospital - where there is no WiFi. And at Accom again without WiFi. My dad likes to hear old tunes and hear videos on YouTube. I have to liaise on a daily basis via email, the doctors, insurance and family. Also WhatsApp has been invaluable for the family. I have apparently abused the fair use policy of unlimited data whilst abroad. It is not fair to leave a dying man in a hospital without access to the only thing keeping him alive. It is not fair to interrupt the ability to liaise with insurance, air ambulance, other authorities in trying to evacuate my dad home. I spent a lot of time with one of vodafone advisers who added 5G and 1GB. The 1GB hasn’t loaded and I am nearly out of 5GB. Apparently I cannot buy more. The insurance say they will pay for it and it’s imperative I am in contact with them. It appears there is no way to complain. If I phone 191 I am in a loop - you have to go online. This is impossible without data. I am already in an extremely stressful situation and I can’t believe how much Vodafone are adding to it. They have had thousands of pounds off me and in my dire need when I want to support a dying man, and support family with messages, they are mercenary and say I have abused the ‘unlimited data allowance’ which I may add, I in no way abuse every other month. I have raised a comment here as there is no other way to get through to vodafone - can anyone tell me how to speak with a human without using the internet? .

4 REPLIES 4

Effie

Hi @Hevs Thanks for taking the time to write down what has been happening. I'm genuinely very sorry to hear about your father's accident, my thoughts are with you and your family. 

Whilst we do have Fair Usage policies in place, there are of course circumstances in which we can work around these in order to help our customers and this is certainly one of them. 

Unfortunately there is no account access over the Community and the only none internet based support channel we have is the 191 number or a Vodafone store. 

I absolutely understand and appreciate how important it is for you to be able to keep in contact with the insurance companies, the medical services and the local authorities during this time and I want to help you do this. In order for my team to assist in making sure you stay connected, we would need you to message us over on Social Media here though. 

I appreciate that your data is limited and valuable right now so when you drop the team a message, please link them to this thread so you don't need to repeat yourself and we can get this looked into as quickly as possible for you. 

Thanks Steph. I have DM through FB so hopefully someone will see it very soon. Before my last GB is used up!! 

Thanks Steph. Someone acknowledged my message but my reply is not showing as read and I’ve been waiting 17 mins. Not sure if that’s normal.

I've raised your message as a priority for the team @Hevs so they are just looking into the best way to resolve this for you now and then a member of the team will pop you a response back.