Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving from Vodafone to VOXI advice please

Marvelloustime
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I am thinking on changing my Vodafone pay as you go, to VOXI. I rang Vodafone this afternoon and the man asked how old I was. I told him and he said I’m too old. He said there is an age restriction of 18-25 to be a user of VOXI. He put me on hold to speak to someone and he came back to me and said yes he has had it confirmed there is an age restriction, so you are unable to move to VOXI. A friend of mine, who is also in her forties like me, said to me that was a pack of lies. She said she is on Voxi. Please can someone advise. Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

There is no age restriction. 

Thank you for your post. Yes, that is what my friend said too. Is it advisable for me to ring Vodafone again, in the hope I get someone different and try again? When I rang this afternoon, I explained I was ringing because I wanted to move from vodafone to voxi. His response was about this age limit.

No need to phone anyone. You can move over to Voxi using the link below:

https://www.voxi.co.uk/move/keep-my-number

Hey @Marvelloustime We have removed the age limit for VOXI, so any customer can join it. Please follow this link here, so you can get moved over to VOXI.

Thank you @Tal  and @WelshPaul for your responses. I have clicked on the link and put my number in. But every time I do it, it comes up with this notification:

"It looks like your number is linked to another account or you’re a Pay Monthly customer so we can’t move you to VOXI automatically.
Please contact the Vodafone support team on 08080 408 408 to see what options are available."

I am a pay as you go plus vodafone customer, so I do not know why it won't accept my number. Thanks again.

You'd be better off porting out to another network and once complete port in to Voxi. Trying to get Vodafone to fix an issue is going to be a lot of headwork and time-consuming.

Thanks. Unfortunately in hindsight I should have gone straight to VOXI rather than Vodafone. I am wondering whether ordering a VOXI SIM card and purchasing a package on a different phone would be an option and then ask to transfer my number from Vodafone to VOXI. Is that also a possibility, or could my number get lost in the system if there is a glitch? Thank you again. 

We would recommend getting in touch with the VOXI Social Media team regarding this @Marvelloustime. The Social Media team will be able to switch you from Vodafone Pay as you go to VOXI. They're available either on X or Facebook

Thanks Jason.