cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note 7 recalled but Vodaphone ruined my credit record as won't cancel contract!

Minicooper66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a Samsung Note 7 from Carfone Warehouse on a Vodafone contract. The phone was recalled and Carfone Warehouse cancelled the contract (have confirmation from them that was taken to a Vodafone store last year). Tried to get a new phone yesterday to find out my credit rating was poor and I was declined. I am a high earner and have always had an excellent credit rating. Check rating to find it's Vodafone blocking me with a debt for a phone I don't have! How do I sort this? Spoke to various people at Vodafone yesterday who just fobbed me off and say they want their £700+ to clear the debt! Any idea where I go from here? Not my fault! 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Carphone Warehouse are responsible for ensuring everything was 100% cancelled as your their customer, which I assume has gone wrong due to the default. 

Can i ask if you’ve spoken to them as their customer since you became aware of the default on your Credit File ? If so what have they said and if not I’d suggest to speak with them. 

You can put a Notice of Correction via Experian and Experian themselves should be able to help. 

There is also Vodafone Social Media Teams who read all posts so please let them catch up with your thread. 

More info in this help thread I put together. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Default-on-your-Credit-File-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correct...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Minicooper66 We'd like to look into this further for you.

I've sent you a private message with details to contact our dedicated Credit File team.

Once we have your information, we'll be in touch to discuss this in more detail as soon as possible.