Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SMS messages.

bsg017
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have a mobile and a landline number but Vodaphone has deleted the mobile number as an option for verification code messages. I cannot understand the voice version of verification codes on my landline and hence cannot login to my Vodaphone account. How do I remedy this as account change requests need me to be logged in!
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You can ask Customer service on 191 or Live Chat to help @bsg017 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM > Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries have access to accounts too.

Link back to your thread here including your username so your not having to repeat yourself.

This Vodafone Support link may also help > How-do-I-set-up-an-alternative-phone-number. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My problem is engaging with Vodaphone without being able to use  an SMS message tas part of a log in process. Perhaps I will have to get someone with better hearing than me to listen to the spoken version of the verificatrion code on my landline..

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'll be able to look into why you're not receiving the texts to your mobile number @bsg017. If you reach out to us via one of our social channels and let us know you're unable to receive a one time authorisation code via text, we'll be able to follow a different route to clear security with you. Once we have, I'm sure we'll be able to get this sorted.

I do not have a Twitter account and Facebook will not let me into Messenger while there is  no immediate response from your Chatbot.  Last time I enquired of the chatbot about my current problems I was told in the end to log in!

So I go round in circles because of a deficiency in my hearing and inability to get V's SMSs sent to my mobile (in spite of an email saying that the number had been added to my account (they appear to have used two versions of my landline number.)

bsg017

Are you able to pop a message to the LiveChat team here instead @bsg017 ? The team are busy but they will pick up your chat and respond as quickly as they can. We can then get this all resolved for you.