Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy s9 { Rumours. }

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi All. 

Well i'm eagerly awaiting the official release of the Samsung Galaxy s9 which if it ticks my wants and needs boxes it may just replace my Samsung Galaxy s8  :Smiling:

The rumours on various Tech Sites are > 

"SAMSUNG'S Galaxy S9 will be unveiled at Mobile World Congress in February.

4GB of RAM which i hoped would be 6GB of RAM. 

Snapdragon 845 or Exynos 9810 chipset.

A larger more efficient battery.

A 5.8-inch QHD+ screen.

Smaller bezels.

A water-repellent coating.

An in-screen scanner.

A camera with a variable aperture.

£639. TBC.

Launching in February with availability around March 18. "

This image was recently leaked which shows more. Samsung-Galaxy-S9-Retail-Box-2.jpg

So are you tempted or is the Samsung Galaxy s9 going to be your choice. 

I'll certainly watch the Unpacked Event Samsung will hopefully hold, followed by watching YouTube reviews and using the demo models in store before deciding. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

4 REPLIES 4

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BandOfBrothers If the rumours are true, it certainly sounds like it's going to be a great phone! 

I'm slap bang in the middle of a contract with my iPhone 7 at the moment though, so it doesn't look like I'll be getting one anytime soon 🙈

Although, I know @TJ has a Samsung Galaxy S8 at the moment as well, so I'm sure she'll be very pleased to see this 😄

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm due an upgrade at the end of Feb and currently have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  Do I upgrade to the S8 or go for the S9? That is the question :Hmm_Face:

I've got to admit the spec for the S9 does look good @BandOfBrothers! And no doubt if I upgrade to the S8 I'd wish I'd have gone for the later model...Actually I think I've just answered my own question! 

TJ

Oooooo thanks @Colleen 😵 Although I only upgraded a few months ago, so it'll probably be a while until I got my hands on something like this 😞 Does look like an awesome piece of kit!! 

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Just replaced my 3 year old Note 4 with S7.

I was planning to get the Note 8, but could not justify the price, as lot more than what I paid for Note 4 and also as #VodafoneSocial gave me S7. :Winking_smiley:

I like the S7, but definitely miss the big screen. Having said that also not sure about the Note 8 being Tall.

I liked the Note 4/5 dimensions.

For me the question would be either S9 or Note 9. I am leaning more towards Note 9. If the S9 is similar dimension as the Note4/5, then I would definitely look into it.