Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung will not Replace Screen on Non-Eu Phone

Getafix
16: Advanced member

I cracked the screen on my S9+ and Samsung Support Centre (Independent Representatives) would not replace it.

Samsung have instructed the Support centres to not touch any Non-Eu device.

I can understand about Warranty, but not to repair one for payment?

What a ridculous policy? Especially whne someone is here on Business and needs urgent repair.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Getafix

Yes it its out of the eu then they can decline support as per warranty guidelines. 

However why you couldn't walk into a carphone warehouse for example and pay to get it fixed I'm not sure why not unless carphone warehouse will not work on an unsupported phone. 

I assume you chose to import the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I could get it fixed through Non Samsung Centre, ie Carphonewarehouse or any Mobile Repair Shop.

But that is not the point. I am not asking for Warranty Cover. Willing to pay for it as it is not covered under warranty anyway.

My good luck is I am in States next week and can get it done 35% cheaper than what they charge in UK. :Winking_smiley:

hrym

The only reason I can think of is that the repair, even if paid for, would have a warranty and that might be what's causing problems.   Though, if the repair can be done (assuming that's not the issue itself), fixing it if it goes wrong shouldn't be a problem.

I thought Samsung devices came with a worldwide warranty?

Getafix

@hrym wrote:

I thought Samsung devices came with a worldwide warranty?

Nope. Which is a shame. One up for Apple in that case as you could take it to any store worlwide and will get full Support.

Luckily I had a trip planned to USA and got it replaced for 30% cheaper. And with a 90day warranty on the Repair.