Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching voicemail off

Cecile
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can I switch off voicemail without dialling 1210? My mum's phone is very simple (Doro 780X) and has no keypad for dialling out. The SIM had voicemail automatically turned on and now she can't receive calls - which was the whole point of the phone - because they mostly go straight to voicemail. Is it possible to switch off voicemail via my Vodafone account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks and yes I thought that would be the best option. You can assign numbers to each of the memory buttons but it is amazingly tricky - not simply a number pad! However I spoke to the Vodafone helpline on Sunday morning and they have switched the voicemail off from their end, so problem solved now. Thank you for your time in replying with a logical solution :Smiling:

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

To turn voicemail off @Cecile has to be completed by dialing 1210, the only things you would be able to set up through your online account are bars and call diverts here: Call Diverts  although if on PAYG the only number you will be able to divert to will be voicemail. 

When calling voicemail, you select option 1 for the main menu, you will then be able to follow the prompts to  set up a personal greeting or select the temporary or extended absence greeting. Further information for voicemail here: Voicemail 

hrym

Could you temporarily assign 1210 to one of the buttons and do it that way?   I'm assuming there's a number pad somewhere to allow the stored numbers to be enered in the first place?

Thanks and yes I thought that would be the best option. You can assign numbers to each of the memory buttons but it is amazingly tricky - not simply a number pad! However I spoke to the Vodafone helpline on Sunday morning and they have switched the voicemail off from their end, so problem solved now. Thank you for your time in replying with a logical solution :Smiling: