Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The forum

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

what do people think about the new fresh look forum?

Although I think it's great to keep with the times it for me personally taking a bit of getting used to,but I think that's mostly down to not using all the features of the previous version.

It's great that you have a lot more features to use with your phone as that's all I have used.

Is there a tutorial to help get the most out of the features (eg choose file I start getting worried with items requiring permissions)a nice addition would be to change to a different theme or less white but that's all personal taste

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Personally I'm loving it. 

Now the forum adjusts to the device I'm using. 

No more full or mobile version.

I like using the Rich Editor bar on the full site but on initially logging in I was mostly taken to the mobile version so I had to change it. 

The layout is cleaner and more user friendly in my opinion too. 

The addition of the Broadband Board is welcome.  :Smiling:

There are Help links on how to use the forum in the 'Featured Articles' section. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Personally I'm loving it. 

Now the forum adjusts to the device I'm using. 

No more full or mobile version.

I like using the Rich Editor bar on the full site but on initially logging in I was mostly taken to the mobile version so I had to change it. 

The layout is cleaner and more user friendly in my opinion too. 

The addition of the Broadband Board is welcome.  :Smiling:

There are Help links on how to use the forum in the 'Featured Articles' section. 

Current Phone  >

Danni
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Glad to hear you're enjoying the new Responsive experience @BandOfBrothers

SKYMAN513 wrote:

I think that's mostly down to not using all the features of the previous version.

It's great that you have a lot more features to use with your phone as that's all I have used.

@SKYMAN513 What sort of features are missing? I'm more than happy to take a look at reintroducing anything but I can't think of anything we no longer have! :Smiling: 

@SKYMAN513 wrote:

Is there a tutorial to help get the most out of the features (eg choose file I start getting worried with items requiring permissions)

Like BandofBrothers mentioned, there are a few guides around but we will soon have a video to go into all the details.What sort of things would you like to see explained?

Thanks, 

Danni

SKYMAN513

no it's fine,it was just change and as BANDOFBROTHERS had previously gave me tips.

To be honest I would struggle going back to the other format 

The issues i am having, I don't think are down to the forum. Compared to my s5  my s7 edge typing is not as smooth and as a millisecond delay were it catches up.

That is frustrating me but like I said I don't think that's down to the forum.

Personally there is one thing I would change is the way the  topic box is interacted with, or when you reply you have to put in words in one by one rather than being able to use predictive  text but I bet there is a reason it's that way 

I actually quite like it and as BANDOFBROTHERS  mentioned no more having to switch versions for the rich text and to insert pictures.

IT is now optimised for mobiles as that is what most people will use

BandOfBrothers

@SKYMAN513

I really do like the way the forum auto optimisation to which device is being used. Top marks Vodafone. 

You mention an issue with predictive text when replying. When I reply the predictive text shows up at the top of my keyboard like as shown in this attachment. Is it not the same for you ? Or have I read that wrong ? Screenshot_20170417-105423.png

Current Phone  >

No you have understood correctly,I also get the letters but the scrambled letters that predictive text uses to make the words  shows up first.

Just for sake of clarity 

If I wanted to spell the word HAVE I would press

4 2 8 3 but I end up with the mixed words that predictive text uses to make HAVE the first option and they sometimes save as complete words.so I long press on it and it then removes them them If scroll along or press the little right pointing arrow I will find it.but a bit annoying I would of thought that this phone would blow that one out of the water,but not for me on this one 

Like if I do the same with my s5 the correct word is there most of the time

( as long as the word is in phone memory)

I do keep having to long press on the scrambled words cause it is saving them as actual words 

If any of that makes sense.

I'm going to try a different theme because the one i am using also struggles on the data usage page were it shows a graph of how much mobile data used looks incomplete 

And I've just done a reset recently to solve my other issues

(Software update)

Thanks

SKYMAN513

The first bar were you have to put words in one letter at a time would be better if it was the same as the tags one were you can just type your word in using predictive text 

After using the new look forum now for a few days I must admit I couldn't go back to the old one as BANDOFBROTHERS mentioned it's tailored to each device and the not having to switch between different versions everything is there and surely most people use there phone on here any way so my honest opinion is I think its brilliant now.apart from the first thing I mentioned there's nothing I could think of that could improve this