Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone is doing well

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Despite the numerous unhappy customers that move in and out of this forum prophesying the imminent demise of Vodafone, the truth is that the network is doing well overall both domestically and financially. It is seeing growth in nearly all of its markets and the share price is going up accordingly.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/07/24/uk-vodafone-outlook-idUKKCN0PY0HQ20150724

This is good news because it ensures competition in a market that is showing signs of international merger activity. We now have EE owned by BT and O2 owned by 3. We need an independent alternative and I personally believe that it's a very good thing for us as customers to have a British company as the second largest mobile network in the world.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

22 REPLIES 22

jeffkinn

I also read today that the UK CEO has been promoted to the group executive committee as the company takes out a layer of management in an attempt to enhance management efficiency and speed up decision making.

Vodafone certainly needs both of those so I hope it works but it must be good for the domestic network to have a seat at the top table in the group.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

They are doing well because they take our money and then screw us. Sounds like prostitution to me. :Smiling:

jeffkinn
Ridiculous comment. No company in a competitive market does well unless they give their customers what they want. Think of Nokia and BlackBerry. Lots of examples in other sectors. Comet, Woolworths and lots of others.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

It might be ridiculous but that is how i feel with what Vodafone is doing to me and countless others.

jeffkinn
I understand that and whatever your problem is I hope you get it resolved soon. The good news your countless others are actually a tiny minority of the overall customer base.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

It's not really a surprise that vodafone are doing well. They are the most expensive network out there yet these days lag behind other networks in terms of coverage and customer service. 

EE and O2 have more users than vodafone with only three coming behind them. Doesn't suggest at all that vodafone is popular. Most people are also stuck in 2 year contracts whether they want to be with vodafone or not.

I've been with vodafone for over 6 years and their customer service is frustrating to deal with and they don't innovate or offer good options that benefit their customers such as paying for the phone and price plan separately but then they wouldn't make as much money and do as well :smileywink:

froggerty
16: Advanced member

To say that Vodafone has been doing as well as Comet and Woolworths is a load of rubbish! Comet no longer exists and Woolworths have closed down most of their high street outlets. If you list the other mobile providers, such as Virgin and others that have neglected to have been mentioned I would reckon that Vodafone would come even lower down the list. I don't know who is feeding who this information but there's not much substance to it.

jeffkinn

Not much substance to one of this country's most successful national and international corporations ever?

UK PLC needs companies like Vodafone. Our pensions and insurance policies are benefiting from the success enjoyed by Vodafone. The company has a great deal of positive stock market sentiment. I'll give two examples:

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2015/02/05/vodafone-group-plc-poised-to-recapture-the-european-marke...

http://www.fool.co.uk/investing/2015/07/29/why-you-should-and-shouldnt-invest-in-vodafone-group-plc/

Of course these articles deal with the Vodafone group and not just the UK arm but they show how independent analysts view Vodafone at the moment.

Although you'll no doubt tell me that has nothing to do with the failings of customer service you'd be wrong. The Vodafone share price, dividend yield and earnings per share statistics all have a direct bearing on the financial well being of a public company and that allows that company to invest in improvements to customer service. 

I'll also repeat again, because it's always worth repeating, that the overwhelming majority of the network's customers never ever have an issue with customer service. I'm an ordinary customer. I've recently upgraded three of my four numbers, two in store and one online and all three went perfectly in all respects as did the Live Chat sessions I had afterwards to ensure that Euro and World Traveller were active on all numbers.

I suggest you try and get past your personal antipathy to this organisation and do some independent research looking at the macro picture.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

froggerty

You're right there, it has nothing to do with the performance of customer care, it's all about financial performance, of course the Company is doing well, financially, see the amount of money they're srewing out of their customers. It's the customer service that fails, you have to be blind not to see that and saying that only the minority have issues, I suggest you look at other sites where customers leave reveiws and comments about Companies customer services, the customers that come to this forum with issues are just the tip of the iceberg.