Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no more Twitter SMSs

triedeverything
4: Newbie

As from yesterday Voda UK are no longer supporting Twitter sms messaging . I have spoken to Voda live chat and to a rep on the phone but they didn't even know about it. This must be affecting 100s if not 1000s of us. Perhaps if we all complain we can get the decision reversed. I for one will be leaving Voda over it ( as long as the other providers don't follow suit ).

J

43 REPLIES 43

"covered the cost of sending SMS messages to it's customers"

Err... what cost is that? The marginal cost of delivering an SMS to an operator's punter is surely 2/3rd of 3/5ths of FA?

phazelwood
3: Seeker

I have this problem as well - received this txt on 14th . . . "Starting Nov 15th, Vodafone UK will no longer support some Twitter SMS notifications. You will still be able to use 2-factor authentication and reset your password over SMS. However, Tweet notifications and activity updates will cease. We are very sorry for the service disruption."

On 15th, I stopped getting any Tweets sent to my phone and also (strangely) the tweets I sent from my phone (to 86444) didn't get published (but of course, I DID get charged for them ! On pay-as-go).

What makes this even more confusing is : not everybody got the texts saying the service was stopping and strangly , some customers are still getting the SMS texts from 86444 .

At last an official statement from Voda

See

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Latest-Vodafone-news/Twitter-notifications/m-p/2312606#M131 

I wonder when and if this service will ever return

J

phazelwood

Apparently,  you might be able to still tweet out using the "long code" (see link) but not receive notifications... https://support.twitter.com/articles...a-text-message 

But that doesn't work for me.

FAO Voda employees, Do you know how long this is likely to go on for, are negotiations actually happening ?

Is it worth holding fire on changing networks ?

I'm afraid that Vodafone won't comment beyond what has already been said in the official statement above.  Keep an eye on that link for any further updates and information. 

PWIAC

Thanks Drey_p   Looks like they have now answered my question, with the edited statement . Time to look elsewhere .

So let me get this straight. Vodafone send out a single SMS message telling their customers that they're cutting off a very useful communications service, and no-one from Vodafone is actually going to explain WHY? How on earth can Vodafone expect to get away with treating their customers with such contempt? And having read other posts in this thread, I have just discovered even more bad news. As well as deliberately cutting off notifications of Tweets, follows etc., I can no longer send Tweets TO Twitter from my mobile!

Vodafone, how dare you!

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm as affected as anyone else who used to get Twitter SMs traffic.

But they dare because you aren't paying anyone for it and Twitter is free. Vodafone is a business not a charity.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png