Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

messaging

chloeburns
1: Seeker
I have a £10 big value bundle but my texts wont send, i have turned the phone of and on again but nothing will work...can someone please help?
1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @chloeburns

Can you please double check on your Myvodafone that the bundle is showing as there and texts are available. 

Is this a text to a particular contact or everyone ? If a particular contact then please look to checking your phone for any text blocking facility to see if that persons number has been accidentally added to that and also ask the person your trying to text to check their phones text blocking facility (handset feature dependant)

Please check your messaging centre number is set right. 

How-do-I-set-up-text-messages.

"Message centre number - +447785016005
Message format - this should be set to text
You can test it by sending a text to 9770. We'll text you back if it's working."

Can I ask if your sending just plain texts or have you inserted emoticons, sending long texts as these can make the normal plain text convert to what's called a MMS text (multi-media) which wouldn't be used from a text allowance and are charged for and in some cases will not work for some unless customer service provision MMS on a persons account. 

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. 

Its an idea if all looks to be OK to ask Customer service to check your account. 191 from your phone or from a computer use Live Chat.  Live Chat Engagement Window.

I hope this is resolved for you ASAP and my suggestions work for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.