main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

£75 Amazon voucher

Angrybird5
3: Seeker

I have spent 2 days chasing up my £75 Amazon voucher. I am not happy. I have spoke to the useless TOBi a million times, spoken to 2 advisors on the app and both times given email addresses where I was assured I would get my voucher. I rang customer services twice. The first time I was so angry I asked Vodafone to cancel my subscription even though I’d only just signed up. The guy put me through to ‘we gift’ and the connection was so poor I couldn’t hear what the guy, who was Scandinavian or something was saying. Second time I rang customer services I was on hold for 20 mins until I gave up. I am ready to cancel my two mobile phone contracts, my Apple Watch contract and my broadband. Surely this is false advertising and breaches trading standards 

View more options
31 REPLIES 31
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I appreciate your frustrated at this and no-one can blame you @Angrybird5 

Now as account access isn't available via this forum may I suggest you speak with the Social Media Team's via Twitter or Facebook as they'll be able to help.

Link to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

Social Media.  

Also usually an email is sent to you after the 14 day cooling off period had elapsed and then upto after 28 days your broadband is activated they'll send you an email to generate your gift card .

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
Angrybird5

I’ve just scoured my emails and haven’t received an email after the 14 day cooling off period or the email to generate the gift card. So frustrating. 

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

Did you not get an email like this:

wegift.png

I received this about 5 days after signing up and about 3 weeks before I went "live".

If you didn't receive one perhaps you somehow didn't qualify for the reward.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Ok @Angrybird5 

If it's not in any spam email inbox then please do try Social Media.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Angrybird5 

If you have confirmed your purchase and set up an account, the voucher will be sent to the email address you used for the account within the 120 days validation period.

If it has been longer than this speak to the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook Messenger and as the Gift card company will depend on the third party site you joined through they will put you in contact with the gift card company handling the promotion.

View more options
Angrybird5

No. I never received an email like that. I spoke to someone at Vodafone today who confirmed I was eligible for the voucher 

View more options
Jayach

@Angrybird5

If you do try social media, please let us know how you get on.

I personally believe nothing is ever solved via social media.

View more options
Jayach

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Angrybird5 

If you have confirmed your purchase and set up an account, the voucher will be sent to the email address you used for the account within the 120 days validation period.

I actually got mine 5 weeks after going live.

View more options
Angrybird5

I’ve asked for a DM on Facebook but nothing as yet. I don’t have Twitter. I feel like I could cry, I’m so stressed and I’m recovering from breast cancer. They don’t make it easy do they 

View more options
Angrybird5

723B2718-6266-44E4-AC20-F75AF4ECAB37.png

E62663A7-83D0-4472-B6C4-377A40D33FB0.png

 these are the only emails I’ve received 

View more options
Jayach

@Angrybird5 wrote:

I’ve asked for a DM on Facebook but nothing as yet. I don’t have Twitter. I feel like I could cry, I’m so stressed and I’m recovering from breast cancer. They don’t make it easy do they 

They certainly don't. It sometimes seems they put blocks in just to hope you will give up and go away.

View more options
Jayach

@Angrybird5 wrote:

723B2718-6266-44E4-AC20-F75AF4ECAB37.png

E62663A7-83D0-4472-B6C4-377A40D33FB0.png

 these are the only emails I’ve received 

From those emails it looks like you went direct through Vodafone and not a 3rd party site.

They are definite proof that you are entitled to it.

On one of those emails there appears to be a link that says "View online". what do you get if you follow that link?

View more options
Evie

Hi @Angrybird5 - I understand this is important to get sorted and see what's what with those vouchers.

I can see we've popped a message over to you on social media. We appreciate your patience with us and once you've sent us a message, we'll respond as soon as we can. 

View more options
Angrybird5

Everytime I click on the view online link it opens this page. The more times I click on it, it just opens more and more tabs of the same thing (see second picture) 

B0BE27ED-4BB8-40D4-8644-968DF6C2784F.png

17370312-D7FB-474A-897D-CBD99577B4EA.png

View more options
Dorey
1: Seeker

Hi. Was that for the super fast 2 broadband please,  I signed up on the 2nd of May and the voucher was online but did my order by telephone because I had questions to ask etc.

View more options
Tash

Hi @Dorey, thanks for choosing us! Our Superfast 2 broadband is different to our Pro Broadband plans above. Were you an existing mobile customer with us before you placed your order and have you since received an email from us with details of an eligible voucher (including any spam or junk folders)? 

View more options
Mathusha
2: Seeker

I placed an order with Vodaphone , and checked the £75 voucher 10 times before placing the order. Now, after one month , no notification or voucher, so contacted live chat, and I was given couple of standard stories given, 1. apparently I did not see my offer through Vodaphone (this was strange) as I know what I ordered, where I ordered. 2. they said that the offer was not available during the period I placed the order, again that is not true. My advice to any potential customers is, do not fall into this voucher discount traps. If you want to order vodafone, do not place the order based on voucher or discount as you may not be honoured. 

View more options
Farai

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you had claiming your Amazon voucher @Mathusha. If you'd like us to double check the details on the account for you, we'd be more than happy to help. So we can get the ball rolling, please drop us a message over on social media here and we'll get started 👍

View more options
Mathusha
2: Seeker

Hi Farai, 

I wasted almost an hour this morning with Vodaphone live chat only to listen two excuses. Apparently the order placed when offer wasn't available, which is entirely untrue as I wouldn't have placed the order without the offer as I would have shopped around while many other providers are giving offers, I checked many times before placing the order. This is very humiliating and frustrating when a promise by one of the biggest telecommunication company was not honoured. I am sorry to say, that I was so frustrated that I left a review at trustpilot so that potential customers can prevent what happened to me. 

I am not in any social media. If you want me to send any order details, send me your e-mail address. 

View more options