cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Amazon gift voucher not received -trading standards?

fossean
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Your affiliate, WeGift, say on the status page that the voucher has been emailed to me today. It has not. I have checked my spam folder as suggested.

There are several other threads here full of people with the same problem.

I have emailed uk-vodafonevouchers at awin dot com but not had a reply.

I have phoned both WeGift numbers given in the other thread -- both go to voicemail and I have not had a reply.

This is infuriating! Must I go to trading standards to have this resolved? 

Please don't tell me to contact WeGift, I've already tried and it's impossible. Your affiliate manager (Cai) is featured in a YouTube video by WeGift, talking at length about how great they are, and how Vodafone can access the WeGift portal and change the settings etc, so it is obvious Vodafone can sort this out.

I'd appreciate your help with this as the voucher was the only reason I joined vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just want to follow up on this to help others in the same boat.

I contacted both @UK_Awin and @WeGift on Twitter and both contacted me after a while. I also had a reply from Vodafone's affiliates manager. So ultimately the voucher was received and I'm satisfied that the offer was legitimate, and not a scam as I originally feared.

This could all be avoided if the WeGift website were improved. (I understand that's not within Vodafone's remit). Firstly, the site reports that a voucher has been sent to your email, though it clearly hasn't. Secondly, the site has a big red button to press if you can't find the voucher in your spam folder. This button is completely unresponsive, which immediately causes concern and suspicion. There is an on-site form to fill in if you have a problem, but I didn't receive a reply through that channel. I also didn't receive a callback from either of the customer service numbers I found on another thread here (both went to voicemail). 

I'm sure this wastes an awful lot of time for all involved, and potentially damages reputation when there was actually no deliberate deception.

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@AnnS wrote:

It's surprising the affiliate where you arranged the broadband didn't help further, the voucher would have been promised by them.

Thanks for that @AnnS, on the other recent thread where the poster insisted they were licensees, I couldn't think of the correct name.

Re: Giftcloud £120 Voucher Scam - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Cynric

@LMLC  Which reseller were you dealing with?  Vodafone don't normally offer incentives. The issue is likely to be with the reseller.

Thanks I took the deal out with USwitch. Vodafone are blaming a gift card company they use. I can’t seem to get anywhere 

Jayach

@LMLC wrote:

Thanks I took the deal out with USwitch. Vodafone are blaming a gift card company they use. I can’t seem to get anywhere 

Uswitch are a comparison site, they will have redirected you to the company actually running the promotion.

Jayach

If you read through this, and the many other threads, it is not a scam. (I got my voucher)

The problem is it relies on internet tracking technologies that are fallible.

If it didn't work in your case, then you need to contact the voucher company you went through and give them details. (date taken and account number etc.)

If they can then tie that up with their system they should issue the voucher.

Do let us know what trading standards say, I suspect they will tell you it is not in their remit.