cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

djequinoxb
1: Seeker

Never believe negative comments... As you said, people only throw negativity out of frustration, you won't find many positive feedback because those who experience hood services, have no need to be there. People who experience problems do so for many reasons... Bad cables, bad hub positioning, and many other reasons. End of the day it doesn't matter what service provider you use... They all use the same line! People will experience a variation in speeds depending on their distance to the distribution. It's not a service providers fault of you live on a farm with no roads or lampposts lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

What started as a positive experience has now resulted in my exercising my right to leave within 30 days. Service was great for the first few days, but VF router was a bit pants and kept dropping out on the 5ghz wifi. Sync was below guaranteed, but could have lived with that. Throughput however has been abysmal, streaming has become uncomfortable (first weekend 4k was not a problem). Peak times the slow downs started, then 4 days ago, bosh, the throughput dropped and has stayed dropped. Testing has been carriede out wired and to the test socket. Sync is 48.6Mbps.  No, I haven't contacted VF as I didn't want to go over the 30 days to get out, having had a similar experience a few years back with SSE. A shame as I would have liked to keep my mobile and broadband together, but alas it was not to be.

Mark

Untitled.png

Its the worst broadband i have ever used.

I have had problems with them i didnt even know existed with broadband until they took over my service.

Customer support is shocking they just close open calls without even contacting you.

I switched from BT about 3 months ago and I give Vodafone a solid thumbs-up. The switch happened as planned, no problems. I get maximum speed at any time of the day/evening/whatever (wired) via my standard VF router. When I download a big file the traffic is pegged at the maximum 76Mb throughout, totally rock solid. No downtime. I don't use Wi-fi so can't comment on that. Router settings have everything you need for port forwarding, custom DNS etc.

VF is the only provider I'm aware of that offers a free static IP, and this was a pleasant surprise when I found out. However, one thing I will mention is that half of the support staff don't seem to have any clue about it. You have to try a few times and talk to different people until you find someone who knows what they're talking about. In the end I got my static IP and it has been great.

robjordan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Vodafone service was activated 17 Nov 2018. I transferred from BT ADSL2 (getting about 11Mbs) to Vodafone's '38Mb/s' service, at a considerable cost-saving. So apparently more than double the speed at half the price.

I persevered with the Vodafone router for 2 weeks. I was using it purely for broadband connectivity; I have an alternative Wireless Access point that I'm happy with, so deactivated WiFi. You'd think this was as simple a job as could be for the VF router. But it was disconnecting once or twice every day. I also saw the crazy high FEC errors that have been widely reported on this forum. Although one or two disconnections a day isn't a disaster, it was aggravating. To see if it would resolve the problem, I bought a used Billion BiPAC 8800NL, £18 on ebay. It's a pretty old model, about 4 years I think, and there are enhanced versions now. But my priority was to see if this might improve performance at mininal cost. And it did! My service has now run without a single drop-out for 30 days. The connection sync'd at 30Mbps. I hoped it might go slightly higher, and I suspect it would if I went through a reconnection now after 30 days perfect connection. But in practice I doubt I'd notice the difference and it's quite cool to see the rock solid connection.

So, yes, I'm a happy VF customer, but only after swapping the router. That crappy VF router must be the cause of huge customer dissatisfaction.

mbames
13: Advanced Member

and ironically they force you to connect their rubbish router to perform troubleshooting which goes on for weeks and weeks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

the staff try hard to help, but support have slopey shoulders as they know that they can not fix network isssues

im not happy, i just want some peace and quiet not been told how bad the broardband is as they have just been kicked out of a game or there laging to bad to play.

maybe if all you do is look at face book and reed the bbcs web page you would be happy as

srpsrp
4: Newbie

I was the same with BT  I didn't agree with their overcharging and I was also a bit nervous switching to Vodafone don't know whether I was lucky or not but I've not had any problems. I would say that if you have had BT TV they go out of their way to make sure your line is fault free and they are the ones who are best place to fix it.

"Overcharging"... you mean thieving. They charged me for BT Sport for 18 months without asking or even notifying me. When I finally noticed they refused to refund me. Apparently they think it's fair game to help themselves to money from your account, as long as you don't notice. This is not the only example of dishonesty and incompetence I experienced during my time with them, the list goes on.

I don't think BT overcharged me exactly but what really annoyed me was their constant discounting and then putting the price up rather than quoting what the price would actually be . I spent the savings on a 2 GB 4g phone contract with unlimited calls and I'm still paying less than what BT wanted for broadband alone. And I think they've even put the price up again since I've left. I certainly haven't even noticed the small difference in speed with the fibre I can stream three HD things at once.