Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband credit check failed

Russmw
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

As our current broadband deal is just about to come to an end I started looking round at options. We had Vodafone BB 18 months ago before our current provider so I thought we'd go back. Went through the application and soon as I pressed confirm at the end I got "failed credit check" message.

This is a bit weird as 18 months ago they were happy to take my money and since then nothings changed, same address, same job, higher income etc and the fact it happened so fast makes me think Vodafone has a problem with the process.

I've gone ahead with broadband else where with zero problems and have no interest in using Vodafone now - another customer they're not getting. Well done vodafone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To complete this thread and offer help to others who have the same problem.

Just had my credit report updated for April and not a single reference to Vodafone completing any form of credit searches on me. As originally suspected the systems at Vodafone are clearly inadequate and if they can't even get new customers on board I dread to think how they treat existing customers.

My advice to anyone with the same experience - If you can honestly say/know your credit record is great and you get turned down for broadband here because you failed the credit report - run, run as fast as you can to a better broadband provider. 

Thanks

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Russmw 

It maybe worth contacting Vodafone directly to see if you can apply for Broadband with them.

Contact-us. 

Due-to-the-unprecedented-demand-on-our-call-centres-you-may-unfortunately-experience-longer-than-usu... 

Unfortunately Vodafone UK are unable to provide a reason as to why a Credit Check has not been successful as their systems only show an acceptance or declined status. 

They advise to contact one or more of the Credit Houses, Experian being one, in order to check that nothing wrong has been recorded there. 

It doesn't always come down to a credit score problem, or a certain time at the address. As a quick example, it can be due to the amount of incoming to outgoing payments. If a customer has a mortgage and a car and something else on finance, then something else for the kids which is paid monthly, the credit check is ran to see if the customer can pay the finance (monthly cost) based on other payments per month. 

To add even a clear Credit File with good Credit Score does not guarantee acceptance. It's also good practice to let 90 days elapse before making another application in order to let the Credit Score recover.

Vodafone's help page is https://www.vodafone.co.uk/privacy/credit-checks

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The fact the above is a cut and paste copy of other replies on these community boards I can only assume this happens more frequently than Vodafone would like to admit. I keep a regular eye in my credit report through 3 agency's so know exactly what state my credit report is in and the fact applying for BB through another supplier went straight through doesn't reflect very well on Vodafone.

BandOfBrothers

It is what I keep in my own personal notes to use when I need it which cuts down on me having to type it all up @Russmw   :Winking_smiley:

That said I've not had to use it in quite a while.

All that said it's all relevant information.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To complete this thread and offer help to others who have the same problem.

Just had my credit report updated for April and not a single reference to Vodafone completing any form of credit searches on me. As originally suspected the systems at Vodafone are clearly inadequate and if they can't even get new customers on board I dread to think how they treat existing customers.

My advice to anyone with the same experience - If you can honestly say/know your credit record is great and you get turned down for broadband here because you failed the credit report - run, run as fast as you can to a better broadband provider. 

Thanks

I had a credit check failing when I was trying to purchase a deal online - I called Vodafone and they could not give me an explaniation however they did the sign-up for me and it was ok and I took the deal.

Vodafone really does need to investigate and fix this issue; I reported this directly to them on another forum sometime back but seems credit check is still failing for some customers when it shouldn't

I was TOTALLY shocked when I was rejected. Reason why I searched to see if this is usual with Vodafone. I’m a new customer and I’m already scared. 

It used to be a thing when testing different deals, each test would show as a credit check and so by the time the sales rep had finished, they'd wreaked your credit score.  If that's not what has happened then I'd sign up to one of the reputable credit score agencies and see if there is a reason that shows on there!

This worked for me. I called in and they sorted a same deal for me no issues. It appears the issue is that since I’m moving house, I set the address as my new address while my ID checks esp with banks and DDs was with my old address. The agent I spoke to was brilliant to spot this and sorted it out quickly. Don’t give up yet, give them a call and you might me sorted.