Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using THG3000 on another broadband provider network - Onestream

chrispmdouglas
2: Seeker

My elderly step-dad has moved away from Vodafone to Onestream and selected to keep his THG3000 router (knowing that Onestream use the Vodafone infrastructure so assumed it would be fine).

Onestream have provided their user name and password:-

dsl000000000@onestreamltd.vodafone.net

p/w: xxxxxxxx

Please can someone help identify where within the THG3000 set-up pages/tabs that this data needs to be entered? Onestream have not been able to offer any help on this matter - other than search the internet!

The router is showing a broadband connection but we can't access the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

37 REPLIES 37

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

The router is locked down by Vodafone, so there is no way to use it with another ISP. 

Thanks for your speedy response - after 4 hours yesterday and my lack of progress, I now don't quite feel like a complete dunce. LOL

Just out of interest, what router did Onestream provide?

They didn’t provide a router - the deal we took it was extra per month -£3.95 if I recall - and the Vodafone THG3000 is probably better - but looks like not usable 😂😂😂

So what router would have got for the £3.95/month?

Jayach

Also, is he on FTTC or FTTP?

Jayach

I'd really not heard much about Onestream, so I looked up Broadband Genie's review.

Onestream Broadband Review 2023 (broadbandgenie.co.uk)

This bit would put me off:

"On a separate topic, Onestream was fined £35,000 in 2019 by Ofcom for aggressive mis-selling practices. Three quarters of these were deemed to be “elderly or vulnerable”."

Hopefully they have stopped those tactics now.

Jayach

@CrimsonLiar wrote:

So what router would have got for the £3.95/month?

Looking at the reviews (can't find any info on their site) it is a Technicolor TG588v2.

Fast Ethernet (100Mbs) and Wireless N only. Awful.

toweruk

Hello,

I moved to shell broadband 18 months ago and my vodafone router worked, and this month I moved to Onestream but my vodafone router does not work but the internet light is constant?

im trying to access the settings but no luck