cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I plug my Vodafone wifi router into open reach ONT box?

Shannonk97
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

C7C51197-D8B7-4E92-BDAD-AAF9E9F75711.jpeg

So we’ve just moved into a new house, today is our activation day and our Vodafone broadband still has not activated. We currently have it plugged into an open reach ONT box I think they’re called. Can it be plugged into this? The only phone line in the house is by the front door with no plug sockets near by. 

25 REPLIES 25

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Agree, it does.

Can't zoom on my phone.

@Shannonk97 you need to replace that cable with the one with the blue/yellow tag on it. (and hope there's no damage) 

1999E3D4-19EF-4A51-9A7E-182B29544AAE.jpeg

We’ve popped that one in, ont box now had 3 lights and the router, it’s allowed me to connect but there is no internet working from the router? 

Ripshod

It takes a short while and a couple of automatic reboots for provisioning, firmware update (if there's one available) then final connection.

If you don't have Internet in the morning then contact vodafone. 

Rebooted it lots still no internet when connected. Going to try contact Vodafone now. 

may the odds every be in your favor....

Contacted them, there saying everything is fine on there end but we still have no internet connection but the router has 3 lights on and so does the ONT box🙄 nightmare 

Jayach

I had a similar problem when I joined, and it was the content controls.

Try logging into the router and changing the DNS servers, that will by-pass the controls. Jayach_0-1647007541589.png

How do I do this?

Jayach

First you log into the router, instructions are on the bottom.

This may help, it's for the earlier router, but the steps are much the same. vfcon090505.pdf (vodafone.co.uk)

I'm a little concerned that maybe it is actually working. What exactly happens when you try to access the broadband?

It sounds like you are pretty new to using broadband, and definitely to FTTP and the Vodafone router.

You may find this YouTube video useful

Vodafone WiFi Router Setup & Expert Settings (2022) & How to Change Wifi Name, DDNS - YouTube.

gipjon

If you log into your router does the router shown connect to the fibre 

Screenshot_20221221-153937_Chrome.jpg