cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I plug my Vodafone wifi router into open reach ONT box?

Shannonk97
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

C7C51197-D8B7-4E92-BDAD-AAF9E9F75711.jpeg

So we’ve just moved into a new house, today is our activation day and our Vodafone broadband still has not activated. We currently have it plugged into an open reach ONT box I think they’re called. Can it be plugged into this? The only phone line in the house is by the front door with no plug sockets near by. 

25 REPLIES 25

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

It's showing 3 white lights so it's connected. The (expected) 4th light for the digital voice is not lit so there's no Internet.

@Gemma @Amanda can we make Christmas happy for this new client? 

Jayach

@Ripshod wrote:

It's showing 3 white lights so it's connected. The (expected) 4th light for the digital voice is not lit so there's no Internet.

I don't think that is true, there have been many posts where the PHONE led is not lit. (due to the router not being provisioned correctly)

None of them have complained about having no internet/broadband.

However you are right, that should be lit, I hadn't noticed it wasn't because I don't expect to see it, being on the PSTN.

Edit: However if you meant that the reason it is not lit, may be because there in no internet connection, you are probably correct. We just need @RICKTARBUCK84 to give us conformation that there is definitely no broadband/internet.

gipjon

@Jayach wrote:

@Ripshod wrote:

I don't think that is true, there have been many posts where the PHONE led is not lit. (due to the router not being provisioned correctly)

None of them have complained about having no internet/broadband.

However you are right, that should be lit, I hadn't noticed it wasn't because I don't expect to see it, being on the PSTN.

Edit: However if you meant that the reason it is not lit, may be because there in no internet connection, you are probably correct. We just need @RICKTARBUCK84 to give us conformation that there is definitely no broadband/internet.

I was thinking the same, The router might not be provisioned I had this myself with Vodafone when the router did not get provisioned 3 times in a row some glitch in the network 

Yesterday our internet finally came on🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 gave Vodafone another call the day before who said said they’d reset everything on there end that was guaranteed to work and would take 2 hours,  it took 24 but we are finally on!!!

I have previously had Vodafone wifi at my mums house but we had an engineer come out and sort everything out for us so it was much easier!

RICKTARBUCK84
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

If youve ordered FTTP from vodafone, Firstly commiserations, i ordered mine in July and wasn't activated until november (granted i didnt already have the cable and ONT box installed) so could go live anywhere been now and summer. and yes you want to plug the ONT box into the WAN port on your Vodafone router.

good luck if you need to speak to their broadband support team, they are beyond ##~## ueless. 

Jayach

@Shannonk97 wrote:

C7C51197-D8B7-4E92-BDAD-AAF9E9F75711.jpeg

So we’ve just moved into a new house, today is our activation day and our Vodafone broadband still has not activated. We currently have it plugged into an open reach ONT box I think they’re called. Can it be plugged into this? The only phone line in the house is by the front door with no plug sockets near by. 

So, where does the grey cable connect to?