Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't log into my account because I don't have a mobile phone

eeeeeeeeee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just switched to Vodafone, and when I try to log into my account the site asks for a number to send a verification code to. That's great and everything, except for the fact that I don't have (and don't want) a mobile phone. Given that, how am I supposed to log in? Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @eeeeeeeeee, thanks for getting in touch. 

If you have a Vodafone landline/tablet

You can register using the number for your mobile phone, tablet, Data Dongle, Mobile Broadband device or landline.

You'll need your number and device to hand for the registration process.

If you have only Vodafone Broadband

You can register using your Home Broadband order number.

You also gave us a contact number when you placed your order - you'll need that device to hand for the registration process.

Hope that clears things up 😊

No, it doesn't unfortunately. I registered with the landline number, as that is the only phone number I have.

I cannot log in to my account because the site tries to send a verification text to my landline number, which obviously doesn't work. How would "registering with my broadband order number" help exactly? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a test I've just logged onto my own Vodafone account requesting that the code be sent to a Landline, and the text was converted to an automated voice call.  So that does appear to be working (it hasn't always been so).  

I suspect that if you were to visit a Vodafone shop, they may be able to get you access to your account.  As the account needs forms of authentication I don't see any additional options!  If you contact support via phone, you could maybe have a friends phone or mobile set up as a contact number!

That did used to work some years ago when we were with BT, but I did try it at the outset here and it doesn't do anything unfortunately. The phone support are useless, offering only their own version of "Computer Says No".

It does look as though I'll have to do something like you suggest, or buy one of those £10 'drug dealer' phones from Asda and just turn that on when I need access to my account. I wish Vodafone had made it clear that owning a mobile was compulsory, though - had I known I would never have signed up.