Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can we have some new qualified Vodafone admin and trained staff please

gipjon
16: Advanced member

I had a very good question asked me over the weekend after getting a sky leaflet posted through the letterbox pointing out that sky had the best and Vodafone had the worse customer services, The question was 

" If a customer has an issue and goes on Vodafone live chat and chat to someone who does not know what they are doing and can't or won't help. Then next, they phone Vodafone up and get an even worse response. Then next, As the last resort, they write a post on the forum because they have tried all the other options, and forum staff say, sorry you got an issue but can you do one of the options 

please Could you drop us a message on social media which is just live chat in a private message box 

Please phone our Broadband Tech team. If you give them a call on 03333 040 191

ETC

So in plain simple terms, the customer just goes round in a loop unless one of the very nice forum members can help them and point them in the right direction . 

Vodafone could just simply have an artificial intelligence script that could just auto post the two answers, what is the point in paying forum admin and staff unless they are actually going to help customers. 

when is Vodafone going to realize you can't keep operating like this, YOU NEED BETTER STAFF AND TRAINING and I would first start at a management level and work your way down the list,

eg first person who would go is whoever thought of turning the option off to manually turn off the wifi doctor and channels etc 

8 REPLIES 8

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

Could you drop us a message on social media which is just live chat in a private message box 

I believe they are different teams, chat is much better relatively speaking.

I totally agree with you gipjon and jayach .I have been thinking what's the point in the paid staff for a long time and like normal Vodafone staff wont comment .I would love to know which wally came up with the idea to remove the button that change WIFI channel (wish they would put it back on and a button to turn off the WIFI doctor

and I still says the same thing you two user above are great and should be broadband community champions along with a few other 

Are the community staff/moderators/admins we see here in the VF forums actually employed specifically to manage the forum/help forum users etc or is it a bit of 'other duties' added on to the day job I wonder?

I don’t entirely get the idea of the non-staff ‘Community Champions’ either.  The most helpful and informative people here amongst the broadband threads are not labelled as 'Community Champions' so what is that all about?  I have it in my head that ‘Community Champions' are not necessarily service users either but that may just be me getting confused with members of the paid community staff who use an ISP other than VF.

Jayach

Community Champions are users who have proved themselves helpful in the past, but I suspect that was when the forums were all about mobile and not Home broadband & landline.

The Community Champions Programme - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think because of the issues we have here with broadband, it's impossible for anyone to be positive enough to become a Community Champion based on broadband alone!

gipjon

how long do we have to wait for Vodafone to respond to any of the questions, what's the point in admin if they are not going to do the job they are paid for 

seriously I don't understand how the CEO and directors plus managers can let Vodafone get like this. 

I seriously believe we all deserves some answers from Vodafone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suspect that there is no one dedicated to forwarding specific issues up the chain to senior managers.  We've seen before that you need catastrophic collapse before anyone takes any notice.

Having said that it makes https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/54724/vodafone.pdf from 2009/2010 look oh so very relevant - 10 years on and so little has changed!

I would expect that the conclusions from https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0027/218655/comparing-service-quality-2020.pdf are probably bad enough that VF management is looking at how their performance is currently rated by Ofcom.