Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full Fibre 900 but I getting only 50Mbps

jfmsh
1: Seeker

I got installed a Full Fibre 900 last November 17th 2022 and I am getting a download speed of around 50Mbps and upload 400Mbps.
I have contacted Vodafone by phone and chat. The first adviser told me that it could take 24 hours to get the full speed, so I waited 2 days, but the speed didn’t improve so I phoned Vodafone again and this time I was told to wait 10 days so the internet speed settles so I waited the 10 days but the speed didn’t improve.
I have phoned Vodafone several times and waited for at least 30 minutes to speak to an adviser each time even though I am paying a bit extra for the WiFi Xpert. Each time I called I get conflicting information which makes me think the advisers are not trained and they just want to get rid off you, so the customer calls again and another adviser pick up the problem.
In another call I was told that there was nothing to worry about and the issue was escalated and that somebody will phone me in 48 hours, a week passed, and nobody phoned me.
In another called an adviser said that in his speed test could see I was getting 80Mbps, another advisor said I was getting 900 to ONT box but he could not test the speed I was getting to the router, another advisor said that he could test the speed to my router and that I was getting 900Mbps.
Another call got disconnected after waiting an hour to speak to and advisor.
The lasted advisor I spoke to told me he was going to send by text instructions of how to test the speed which I never received, luckily, I asked to email them to me too. Basically, the instructions consisted in switching off the Wi-Fi from the router and test at different times using speedtest.net. The result of the test was the same I was getting from day one.
As a computer engineer with over 30 years of experience, I know the advisors just want to pass the problem to the next advisors.
Following are all the things I tried:
• Power off/on ONT
• Power off/on Vodafone router PRO II
• Reset ONT
• Reset Vodafone router PRO II
• Change the ethernet cable between the ONT and router (I used 3 different cables: 1 CAT6, 2 CAT7 & 3 CAT8)
• Change the ethernet cable between the router and laptop (I used 3 different cables: 1 CAT6, 2 CAT7 & 3 CAT8)
• Switch off the Wi-Fi from the router
• Connect only one device to the router using an ethernet cable
• Try different laptops. I tried 8 laptops, a couple of them with a fresh Windows 10 install and all through the speed during the test.

Have anybody is experience a similar issue, any advice will be appreciate.

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I'm still on FTTC (and from some of the posts on here, I think I'll stay on that as long as possible) so i don't have any experience of full fibre.

But I do have plenty of experience of Vodafone and I can tell you, you are spot on with your thoughts about the advisors.

Firstly the "wait 10 days" is only for FTTC, FTTP will be working as well as it is going to from the start.

With your upload speed you are obviously on CityFibre and if you are getting those download speeds on ethernet connections there is obviously something wrong and probably need a CityFibre engineer to investigate.

If you've not tried reporting the problem via live chat, give that a go, I've found them to be more technical than the phone agents. (Although others on here have said differently)

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

If that doesn't work, I can only suggest raising an official complaint.

Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

Good luck, as a Pro II user I would expect you to be given better service that that.

gipjon