Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling the broadband contract

ziaeeaina
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Dear Vodafone team, 

I am an international student who is currently living in a private accommodation. But in one year time, I may move to a student accommodation which provides internet service in the internet. So my question is can I get a 12 month contract for 12 months, and if not, will my contract be subject to early termination fee If I am forced to cancel it after 12 months because the student accommodation does not let tenants to have their own internet service? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally not!  If Vodafone were capable of providing a connection but were prevented from doing so by a pre-existing contract then you would still be liable for early termination fees.  You'd be far better off finding a company that offers just a 12-month contract!

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ziaeeaina! I'd recommend checking your availability for our Home Broadband services here to see your options, this will also advise of contract lengths with us 🙂

Hi Beth. Thank you for your prompt response. I have checked the availability, my question is whether I will be subject to termination fee if the student accomodation management does not let its tenants to have their own internet service. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I believe if Vodafone are unable to supply a service at the new address the ETF is waived. What it say here: Home Moves (vodafone.co.uk) is.

"Moving on without us?

We’re sorry to see you go. To cancel your Vodafone home broadband contract, call us. We’ll need your Vodafone account number and we may ask for proof of your new address. An early termination fee may apply."

I am sure I have seen it stated precisely, but I can't find it now.

Thank you for your response. So if I do not have owner permission to set up Vodafone broadband, Will my ETF be waived?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally not!  If Vodafone were capable of providing a connection but were prevented from doing so by a pre-existing contract then you would still be liable for early termination fees.  You'd be far better off finding a company that offers just a 12-month contract!

Thank you very much!

Jayach

@Anonymous wrote:

You'd be far better off finding a company that offers just a 12-month contract!

Without a doubt that would be the best option. Now broadband have a good offer with 12 month contract at the moment. (assuming you are looking at FTTC not FTTP)