Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Endless problems with "Super" Wifi

jtp10000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I now have 3 boosters and the router. They are just rubbish. Endlessly cutting out and going to flashing white. The range is hopeless. If there is anything in the way they can't cope, round a corner and 30 feet seems to be too much. Is anyone else having similar problems? I had a Tenda mesh before that worked really well so I know it isn't the house. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

If you still have the Tenda units it may be better to just set them up. Vodafone kit is dumbed right down and vodafone's support isn't too great either. 

Sadly I sold them as they were only 100mb ones. Regretting it now.

CrimsonLiar

Okay, so has anyone gone through with you how to speculatively set up mesh nodes/wifi extenders, because some of it can be a little counterintuitive!  I don't even know if the feedback you get from the THG3000 is going to be good enough to help set them up properly!

The idea is that you start with just and single extender and see how far away from the router you can place it while still getting its top-line sync speed.  When you've managed that you then do the same with the next unit, ideally with that unit about the same distance from the router but a little further from the other extender - unless you are aiming to "chain" them (rarely a good idea).  If you still need the third unit you'll probably need to place that as far from one of the other extenders as you can while still maintaining that top-line sync speed.  If the router can't tell you that on the final node then place it just a little shorter distance from its nearest node than the distance between the router and its nearest node.  Using this method you may (or may not) find that you get better results with fewer nodes!  Also sometimes dropping the TX power down a notch or two (if that's possible) can help!