main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Extender

stephenrichardb
2: Seeker

My extender only works in the same room as the router... And I have 12 rooms to cover..! 

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
Amanda

Hi @stephenrichardb 👋

There are lots of things you can do to help improve the WiFi in your home - take a look here for our interactive guides

As we don't offer WiFi extenders, we're not able to provide further support on their use or troubleshooting issues with them. 

View more options
stephenrichardb

Thks - you do provide Wi-Fi extenders, tho, as you've just sent me two of them. I'm on Pro-broadband...

View more options
Amanda

My apologies about that 🙈 As you're on Vodafone Pro Broadband, your service is looked after by our WiFi Xperts. 

I'd recommend giving them a call on 0333 304 0191 (or 191 if you have a Vodafone mobile with us). They'll be able to see what's happening with this. 

View more options
stephenrichardb

Thks - yes, it says "instantly get thru to our Wifi experts" but I've tried and tried, but just get left on hold each time... so it's anything but instant!

I also can't log on to vodafonemobile.vmb, which they advise me to do, to check on my data usage...

Plus, the brochure says I will get Very Me Rewards, which, having tried several times, apparently I do not...

Oh well... All very frustrating!

View more options
Amanda

Just to clarify @stephenrichardbVodafone VeryMe Rewards offers are currently only available for Pay monthly or Pay as you go mobile phone customers.

This means if you have your fixed line service with us and not your mobile, your account won't currently be eligible. 

View more options
stephenrichardb

Thks - crazy that the girl on the phone said I would be eligible, if I signed up to Pro Broadband... Then I was also sent a brochure about it, saying I was eligible. Fake news!

View more options
stephenrichardb

PS Still can't get thru to Pro-broadband on the phone, or the app / chat... This is the only place i ever get a response! So pls could you order me another wifi extender? I was told I can have up to 3... Otherwise, I may as well cancel my contract and go back to basic fibre broadband.

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

@stephenrichardb wrote:

I also can't log on to vodafonemobile.vmb, which they advise me to do, to check on my data usage...

That also sounds like a mobile service, data is unlimited on the broadband.

I don't understand why you are told to ring 0333 304 0191 (or 191 if you have a Vodafone mobile) as that has always been a general help number, I would have expected the Xperts to have a direct line (I'm not on Pro so can't confirm)

View more options
FiremanMatt

Sorry to hijack your thread but sounds like you were hoodwinked by Vodafone to get the 'Pro' deal as I was.

That Xpert thing is a joke and useless as no one ever answers. 

I have an issue with the speaker/booster thing they send you with the deal as mine doesn't work 

Talk about being mis sold. !!

View more options
KeithAlger
16: Advanced member

FYI: regards the Very Me rewards, you may find that if you use mobile data on your phone, even if it's not on a Vodafone contract that you can indeed get the Very Me rewards - it's worked for me before!

View more options