Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Guest Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz

ND291960
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Using Vodafone router with guest Wi-Fi is it dual band and is it possible to set the guest to 2.4Ghz to support thermostats that are restricted to 2.4Ghz

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you on Pro?

If not you can either split the Wi-Fi bands and and then connect the thermostats to 2.4Ghz or you could force the guest to 2,4 only.

However why can the thermostats not connect to the 2.4Ghz? Surely they would just ignore the 5Ghz?

Is it that you can't use a app to set them up, because your phone is on 5Ghz? You should be able to temporarily turn the 5Ghz off whilst you set them up.

Personally I don't have any such devices, so sorry if I have misunderstood the problem.

Jayach_0-1639852356085.png

As I understand it IOS does not enable forcing of 2.4Ghz

i have split the main  Wi-Fi but still no success with the thermostat hence creating a guest as well as better for security

maybe it is just the thermostat

but uninstalled the app and start again from scratch with the guest

Jayach

@ND291960 wrote:

As I understand it IOS does not enable forcing of 2.4Ghz

I meant turn the 5Ghz off on the router temporarily.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's just setting up that's the problem, the simple(ish) answer is to set up a hotspot with the same credentials you want to use on the Guest Network and connect the thermostat to that.  Once the thermostat is set up, turn the hotspot off and the Guest Network on!