Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Homebridge devices go unresponsive

Colwl
3: Seeker

I use Homebridge to enable Apple HomeKit to control air conditioners, television and Sky Q box. 
They work for a while then go unresponsive. If I reboot the router they start to work again. 
I've looked at the log file and there are numerous entries in red which I have no clue what they mean. 
Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Colwl Not really, but you could copy the log entries into the thread and then someone may be able to shed some light on the issue.

Colwl

Some of the log entries that are in red as suggested by Cynric. Note I have replaced the SRC with 0's

Ignoring MLD pkt on non snooping enabled bridge interface lan     lan
10/08/2024 08:01:47  Ignoring MLD pkt on non snooping enabled bridge interface lan    lan
10/08/2024 08:01:47  DROP wan in: IN=pppoe-wan OUT= MAC= src=0.0.0.0 DST=84.66.84.178 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=248 ID=54321 PROTO=TCP SPT=48946 DPT=40780 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x8000000   firewall
10/08/2024 08:01:45  wl2: dhd_flow_rings_delete_for_peer: ifindex 0   system
10/08/2024 08:01:44  wl2: dhd_flow_rings_delete_for_peer: ifindex 0   system
Hope someone understands what it means as I certainly don't.
Thanks.

Cynric

@Colwl You'd have done better to hide DST, SRC is the intruder.

Which route are you using and what firmware version does it have?

Are you using the guest WiFi as well as the main, if so what happens if you turn off the guest?

When searching these forums for similar cases, I noted someone was told not to show SRC. DST wasn't mentioned but I'll remember that in future.

Guest Wi-Fi was enabled however I have turned it off which caused my router to reboot!

I have a Vodafone Ultra Hub running the latest firmware 22.1.0515-6261033

All responsive at present and this can last several days before they go unresponsive!

Jayach

@Colwl wrote:
When searching these forums for similar cases, I noted someone was told not to show SRC. DST wasn't mentioned but I'll remember that in future.

Just in case you don't know, SRC is the source (i.e. them) and DST is the destination (i.e. you) so yes. it's your address you shouldn't reveal.

Cynric

@Colwl Let's see if the guest WiFi is a problem, it has been on a similar system I've seen elsewhere. If it doesn't settle, then a factory reset may be worth a try.

It sometimes stays ok for up to a week or more and sometimes just a few hours so will have to wait and see. If it does do it again I'll try a factory reset.

Thanks for your help and advice. 

Well that didn't work!  About 11pm I asked Siri to put Sky news on and she replied that it was unresponsive.  On checking HomeKit, all Homebridge connected devices were unresponsive. The Meross plugs however working fine. So I unplugged the router for about 30 seconds, plugged it back in and all ok again. How long for, who knows!

NB. The Homebridge server runs 24/7 on a 12 year old MacMini using MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Safari browser. Homebridge log files showed everything running normally. 

Cynric

@Colwl Not being a Mac person myself, why aren't you on iOS 15?