cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I limit access to specific devices access to broadband for specific times of the day ?

tag123
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I want to limit my kid's devices acess to the internet. Can anyone tell me how I can do this ? I'd like to disable after a certain time, the scheduling functionality looked ideal, but I don't know how to add devices to a named schedule

58 REPLIES 58

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @tag123. You can't add specific devices to the scheduling function at the moment. What you can do though is create a guest Wi-Fi network, that you can connect your kids to; then change the password to the original Wi-Fi. 

This will give you the option to set a schedule for the guest network, whilst leaving the original one unaffected 👍 

I don't see the option of setting a schedule on the guest wifi, how do I select it when I create a schedule? 

unfortunately i dont think you can schedule just one. it says that with a schedule both will be affected.

what is it exactly you are trying to do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked before replying, and I believe you are correct that the router on/off scheduling appears to be for the whole device.  From memory having tried to use this it also had the habit of turning off flawlessly, but being a bit iffy about turning the WiFi back on!

There is a device out there called "fingbox" that claims to do what you are after, but not having used one I couldn't say for sure (I'd suggest waiting for black Friday if it's something you want to explore) and couldn't offer a personal recommendation.

teamrocket
4: Newbie

mate i keep responding with a very well informed post trying to help you and yet everytime i post it it gets removed. not sure why.

EDIT messaged you personally

Thnx for the dm, helpful. Shame the router can't do it, small change to the software would make it really useful

TJ

Ah, sorry for any confusion @tag123, that's my bad. I found this information on the Vodafone website: 

Guest Wi-Fi allows you to set up a second connection to the router that can be used by your guests, so you don’t have to give out your router password.

You can manage your Guest Wi-Fi in the Vodafone Broadband app:

1. Open the app and choose the My Wi-Fi option in the main menu
  2. Press the Guest button and you’ll be asked whether you want to create a password or not
  3. Once set up, you can choose to make your Guest Wi-Fi unlimited or time-restricted by going to Guest Wi-Fi and then Duration

You can also change the name of your Guest Wi-Fi:

1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above, then choose Create name
  2. Choose the name for your Guest Wi-Fi and save

Let me know if that's no longer correct and I'll get this raised 😊

No docs are fine, it's just a shame you can't add a schedule for the guest wifi, only on main wifi, which will shut off both. Thanks for your help though

Hi - can't find option on mobile app to set max duration for connection to Guest WIFI  - has this been removed?