cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do you get a Windows 7 laptop to see Vodafone broadband? SOLVED!

Gobsheeite
4: Newbie

SOLVED: Just to save anyone else with the same problem trawling through the whole of this thread, all you have to do do is to download the old Vodafone mobile app v4.1.0 

and change the channel setting from 12 down to 5. Thanks to all the contributors on this thread

-------

Hi I switched to Vodafone broadband couple of months back and I've only just starting using my old Windows 7 laptop and it won't connect to Vodafone, it won't even see it, my laptop can see all the Wi-Fi in the neighbourhood just not my own Vodafone router, I've tried split in the signal to 2.4 GHz but it's still cannot see the Vodafone router, even added a guest login, still can't see it at all, I can temporarily share the WiFi with my phone and it connects no problem. How do you get a Windows 7 laptop to see Vodafone broadband?

15 REPLIES 15

I've got the old app, set 2.4 to channel 5

Quick question

Why is it showing the signal in not split yet showing separate settings for 2.4 and 5ghz????

Which one is actually broadcasting???

Screenshot_20220525_195406_eu.reply.cordless.uk.jpg

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If you split the bands, they are both broadcasting, but the 5Ghz gets 5G added to its name.

But the 2.4 and 5 g settings imply they're both broadcasting anyway? If not which one is all my services connected to? 2.4 g or 5g???

And the 2.4 and 5 g broadcast on two different channels, so which one should I change? Quite confusing

If you have a laptop that could not see your VF router at all, I would assume that your laptop only has 2.4GHz WiFi - so that would be the one that you need to change (channels 1 to 11, and 20MHz bandwidth).  If you have 5GHz capable WiFi devices and only if some of them cannot see the 5GHz channels then you'd probably want to set that to channel 36,40,44,48 and 80MHz bandwidth.

Jayach

@Gobsheeite wrote:

But the 2.4 and 5 g settings imply they're both broadcasting anyway? If not which one is all my services connected to? 2.4 g or 5g???

And the 2.4 and 5 g broadcast on two different channels, so which one should I change? Quite confusing

If you have split the bands , it will connect to whichever you choose. That is the point of splitting them.

If you don't split them the device will connect to whichever it thinks is best.. Obviously if the device can't use 5Gz it will use the 2.4Ghx, which is why I see no advantage to splitting them.

Jayach

That confirms the reason.

You can either use the old app or find out why the laptop isn't seeing it. It will either be country settings or a driver problem .