Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to return my router April 2022

piplewis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

hi

I have joined this forum because it is the only way of communicating with VF. All other services (phone, chat etc) are unobtainable.

I have left VF 18 months before the end of contract and switch on 22 April 2022.

Do I need to return my router hardware, and if so, how and to whom and by when please?

It is unclear from previous threads whether I can dump it, because I do not know whether their contracts had expired.

Mine has not expired I am just so anxious and absolutely desperate to leave VF as soon as possible.

VF terms and conditions are, as most things on VF unclear and about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I have never heard of anyone having to return their routers in any circumstance. (although I think I recall something about it if you cancel in the "cooling off" period)

Once you have left, I would hold on to it for 1 month, and if they do not ask for it back, just get it re-cycled. (Don't "dump" it as that is environmentally irresponsible)

Here is what Vodafone have to say about their responsibility under the WEEE regulations, pretty woolly as usual. Terms and conditions – Recycling – Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations – Vo...

Edit: Could I just ask you what about Vodafone makes you want to leave so badly, as you haven't posted previously and sometimes we can help steer people in the right direction to get problems resolved. (although the appalling service from Vodafone support makes that difficult)

Thank you so much.

It's a shame that there are still people around who think that dumping implies something irresponsible and not recycling. We have recycled, which we call dumping, way above the standards of the law for more than 50 years. That is a very long time before it came into vogue by the media and the latest UK governments with their millions of laws and the ever growing exhorbitant controls and higher taxes to pay for them and thought of themselves as changing the world and becoming  "environmental", with constant media propaganda that they are improving things for everyone.

I have nothing positive to say about VF.  Think of a list of VF areas of price, service and media. All score a decisive fail in our book.

Jayach

@piplewis wrote:

I have nothing positive to say about VF.  Think of a list of VF areas of price, service and media. All score a decisive fail in our book.

I have nothing good to say about Vodafone either, but once it is up and running the broadband seem just as good as any other ISP, it's just knowing that if there is a problem, it will be such a hard slog to get it resolved.

Mine has been fine for the last 18 months, but the first 3 were a nightmare, so I will move when the contract ends as I don't want to take the chance. (Although if they offer me a good deal I may change my mind)

Can I ask who are to transferring to?

Sorry but up and running with VF has been the worst we have ever experienced since starting broadband in 2006. I have used almost all the main providers over time (about 2 to 3 years each), and VF are the worst so we're leaving after 6 months.

We were previously with TalkTalk and they were miles ahead of VF by comparison. Far fewer service issues, and even those were dealt with.

For the time being we'll be glad to get rid of VF out of our lives and think about who else to go to when we get around to it. It might be TalkTalk again as we know them.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @piplewis! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us, if there is anything we can do to help please let us know. You're able to return routers to Vodafone stores, or pop our Social Media team a message and they can arrange a pre-paid bag to be sent out to your home address for this. Please select the option "Message an Advisor" to be routed through to an agent who'd be happy to help 🙂

I tried messaging the "Social Media" team on twitter & got absolutely nowhere. A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear this @gogabz51 - I can't see that you've posted on the community about your query - what's been happening? 

I searched on Google for how to return my router & was directed to this forum. I saw @piplewis had received a reply from @Beth srecommending messaging the Social Media team on Twitter who would be happy to send out a bag to return the router.

I got as far as "Please wait while I transfer you to an advisor" - but then silence. I waited for about 30 mins - but nothing!

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gogabz51I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble getting through to one of our agents on Twitter. When given the option by our BOT, please select 'Message an Adviser'. An agent will pick up the chat as soon as possible 🙂