Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Returning broadband backup dongle

Karsa1468
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just renewed Vodafone broadband. My old deal had a broadband backup dongle but the new deal does not. I therefore have to return it.

I received an e-mail with a link to generate a Royal Mail label or a DHL QR code but the link directs me a a page "What to do with your old router" which, unless I'm missing something obvious, does not mention anything about Royal Mail labels.

I called the helpline which was a complete waste of 35 minutes.

I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Keep hold of it. If they contact you asking you to send it back ask them to send you a pre-paid address label. 

Tal

Hi @Karsa1468. If your previous contract has ended with us, you can keep the dongle/ router or your can help us reduce electronic waste by dropping it of in any Vodafone store so it get's recycled or you can recycle it in person in any electronic recycling location here.

Tal

Jayach

@Tal 

Could you check that. What you say is true for the equipment, but from previous posts on here the dongle is treated differently.

I can confirm that you can keep or recycle the dongle as it was a part of the broadband plan you had, so it's not treated as a separate device it's all in the same package with the router and broadband contract you had previously. Tal 

Jayach

Thanks for confirming, seems to disagree somewhat with what was posted in these threads:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Returning-old-Vodafone-equipment/m-p/2748526

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Obtain-return-label-for-broadband-equipment/...

but maybe they have stopped requiring the dongles back.

Vodafone really should improve the message they are giving to customers.

Thanks for the answers everyone, much appreciated. I'll drop the dongle off to be recycled.