Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mis sold bradband upgrade

LIZJANEBUXTON
1: Seeker

Contacted to request pac numbers for my phone contracts.  While on the online chat lady persuaded me to upgrade my broadband to a better deal. Quoting much faster speed guarantee and a lot cheaper price.  I agreed to go with the new contract.  The new speed quoted was min 37.5 max 46.2.  Just had my email with details of new contract and the speeds on it are max 37.4 far less than told.  Was also told price was £18 per month, only to now be told it is going to be £20 as i'm leaving vodafone as a mobile customer.  I explained that i was leaving as mobile customer to her in the first place. Customer service is shocking, been cut off on help calls twice this morning

2 REPLIES 2

Tal

Hi @LIZJANEBUXTON, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us when upgrading your broadband, this is not what we want our customers to go through. If you have been quoted different speeds when placing the upgrade and the package you have received is not the same, please get in touch with the Returns team, so they can return the incorrect package and place you on the correct one.

You can get in touch with the team on - 0333 3040 191, or on webchat here.

Tal

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@LIZJANEBUXTON 

As you are obviously on FTTC, the speeds are not controlled by Vodafone, they are set by the Openreach network.

Unless you have changed from Fibre1 to Fibre2 in the new contract, the speeds will be exactly the same as you have always received.

The loss of your "together" discount is completely separate to the price of the broadband and you should have been aware you would lose it by leaving Vodafone mobile. It would have happened even if you were on the original contract.