Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Mis-selling

Justin2022
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My contract expires on 24th January so I called them tonight to upgrade.

I was quoted £21p.m for Fulll Fibre 100, a quote from the advisor said "it's faster and its also cheaper", but I confirmed the price with him again.

Completed T&Cs etc, once I received the email confirming order and engineer date etc I got a contract summary - £33p.m with a £9p.m discount.

This was more than what was agreed and was only sent after the call completed.

I called back several times until I eventually got someone, they cancelled the order and put me through to a supervisor, the supervisor said she'd take the complaint and listen to the call.

I said as I'd been mis-sold a contract without the correct terms and therefore would also be contacting Ofcom. This is the second attempt by Vodafone at mis-selling a product, having checked previous emails, there was a similar issue in 2019 when I attempted to sign up for services.

Sounds to me that some advisors are just chancing it to get sales.

Will see what Ofcom say as I'm not holding out much hope of Vodafone getting back to me after listening to the call.

5 REPLIES 5

Cynric
16: Advanced member

.@Justin2022 Did the advisor also mention the small print?

"Monthly price will increase each April by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January that year, plus an additional 3.9%"

Yes

Jayach

Vodafone will say it was a simple mistake/misunderstanding. They have cancelled the contract.

Ofcom will probably not be interested.

Hope you get the call back from Vodafone, and they can give you a new offer. They were willing to do a deal, when I renewed my contract recently. (although I had to call in 3 times before I got someone who would/could give me what I wanted)

Jake91
4: Newbie

I've had similar issue and been unable to resolve. Was quoted 32pm on chat but then sent email at 35pm. I was still on chat and he hadn't realised I didn't have a mobile so would not receive mobile discount. He assured me it would be 32 and sent an SMS confirmation however bills and app show 35. Each time I contact they tell me discount is applied and to wait till next bill but they don't know why my current bill shows as it does.

It's concerning. I've also had several occasions where Vodafone support have flat out lied to me.

Hi @Jake91 👋 Apologies for the confusion surrounding your bill, so we can fully investigate this could you please contact us via the details in this link, and we will be happy to help.