Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FFTP into an attic flat

AliFarhan199
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm looking to move into a new property soon which when I checked general broadband comparison websites said had full fibre by Vodafone/Cityfibre available which was a major selling point to me. Following being accepted for the property and attempting to book said broadband Vodafone are not showing the property on their system and Cityfibre themselves say that they can supply the two flats below me but not mine which is a second floor attic/loft flat. 

The flat has converted the eaves areas into storage rooms which are fully accessible, the landlord has given their consent for any works that need to be done to install FTTP but has asked to avoid any cabling being run in the interior stairwell of the property. I'm wondering if it is simply not possible for Cityfibre to install FTTP here or is it a case of them just assuming due to not having all the information. I've asked for further details of the eaves storage but as far as I'm aware it reaches out to the edge of the property and it would be possible to drill holes just under the gutters/roof to get a fibre cable into the eaves area and install it that way. 

Does this sound possible or is there something I may be missing? Thanks in advance for any comments.

0 REPLIES 0