Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need connection credentials so I can use a 3rd party router

JamesB197
4: Newbie

I have just purchased my own PPPoE capable router and require the username and password for my connection in order to setup the new kit. The TOBI Chatbot seems to be down at the moment ("Sorry we are no longer here....."). Is there another way of contacting Vodafone support without hanging on the phone for ages?

9 REPLIES 9

JamesB197

Going to try Facebook........

Tal

Hi @JamesB197. I'm sorry you haven't been able to reach the team on webchat, the team are investigating this issue and will get it resolved soon. With the username and password, we can provide them if you contact us on - 191 for free from a Vodafone mobile, 03333 040 191 from any other network/landline.

The team on social media don't have access to the broadband systems, you will have to get in touch with the Broadband team directly

Tal

Oh crap! I'm just in the process of handing over a lot of access details to someone called "Abdul"....☹️

JamesB197

So just to be clear then...if the people manning the social media channels do not have access to the broadband systems, you are implying that this person on Vodafone's Facebook channel has just gone through a series of security checks fraudulently. I have just changed my details.

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@JamesB197  I had the same sort of experience with the telephone helpdesk. I even went to Ofcom to get advice, who told me not to give away those kind of details. It was a while ago, so I hope things have improved since my experience.

Hey @JamesB197. As you have reached out to us on Facebook, and passed security the correct way, then this is not accessing the account fraudulently, the team are helping resolve your queries. I have checked with my colleague right now and he has followed the correct steps and provided the correct information to you on the conversation you had with him.

Tal

JamesB197

Hi Tal. Yes, he has. That was a quite stressful there for a bit (the autism is not a help in this regard). You need the answers to verify my identity and confirm that I'm not up to no good before providing information, but in doing so I am granting access to my own sensitive data. 🤔

Hey @JamesB197 I'm very sorry this has caused you stress. As you have reached us over our verified page on Facebook and passed security correctly to confirm your identity, it's exactly the same as calling us on our customer service number or using our webchat service, your information is safe and protected as it would be if you contacted us in any other way, so I assure you your details and account and safe. Again please accept my sincere apologies for the stress caused.

Tal

Ripshod

Try TOBI again using the following link, which bypasses the AI (just a few security questions to access your account and you're chatting with a human). Confirmed working right now. 

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd