cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need for landline Fibre Broadband Pro Gigafast 900?

donnes
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My street has just had full fibre installed. Other providers are offering me full fibre packages without the need to have a landline (I disconnected my landline years ago.) However, Vodafone online only gives you an option to either keep your landline number or get a new landline number & it then goes on to say ‘if you don’t need a new landline installed at your address, we will issue you with a new landline number & the landline at this address will be cancelled.’ My question is why do Vodafone need to give me a landline number and is there a cost for this in addition to the monthly Fibre Broadband Pro Gigafast 900 monthly package cost shown on the website?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@donnes wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you saying that if my address shows as being eligible to receive Pro Gigafast 900 then this can only be provided over full fibre which means that the need for a ‘conventional’ landline (as opposed to VOIP) is rendered obsolete? 

Yes, and a little bit no.

Although the service is VoIP, it is provided by plugging a conventional phone into the router. Which means the router has an ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) built in.

Your current landline will become redundant.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach

There will be no extra charge for the "landline" phone number. (It is actually provided by VoIP on FTTP services)

I think as Vodafone offer relatively low cost services they just supply the basics that most people want without too many options.  Just don't use the phone service if you don't want it.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are you saying that if my address shows as being eligible to receive Pro Gigafast 900 then this can only be provided over full fibre which means that the need for a ‘conventional’ landline (as opposed to VOIP) is rendered obsolete? 

Jayach

@donnes wrote:

Yes, and a little bit no.

Although the service is VoIP, it is provided by plugging a conventional phone into the router. Which means the router has an ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) built in.

Your current landline will become redundant.