Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need some guidance please!

DaveRT1234
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have moved over to Vodaphone broadband a few months ago. Prior to changing I enquired about the procedure for moving home and was told by my local Vodaphone store this would not be a problem. I found a new property to buy and a purchaser for my existing home, all was going well until my new property owner suddenly dropped out of the sale. Thankfully our family have arranged for us to stay with them until we can arrange a new home to purchase.  I attempted to contact the moving home team via the TOBi chat, but it didn't understand so I did manage to speak to someone who said they cannot put the account on hold whilst I am staying with family and would need an address to move service to, or I will be forced to pay an early settlement fee which would be expensive as I have only been a customer for a short while. Has anyone out there any suggestions as to a solution for this?

6 REPLIES 6

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

You can bypass Tobi's AI and speak to a human quickly. He'll just ask a few security questions then pass you to a human.

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd 

Thanks Ripshod

Lucy_F

Hi @DaveRT1234 What you've been advised regarding a broadband home move is correct. We can move your broadband service to a new address, provided we can supply services there. However, if you're not ready to move it just yet, we can't promise to hold it at the previous address, or with no current address. I apologise for the inconvenience.

More on a home move can be found here. If you wish to discuss this in further details, our Broadband Teams are contactable on 03333040191 or Live Chat

Thank you Lucy_F

Jayach

Unfortunately the only official means to avoid the ETF is to be moving to somewhere Vodafone can't supply a service.

However, I would try raising a complaint, and hope they may be able to "bend the rules".

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice

Thanks Jayach for taking the time to offer some support on this matter. I will try as you suggested to raise a complaint and hopefully find it lands on the right person who has a reasonable amount of compassion for someone in my situation. Strangely enough after doing some investigating I found that Vodaphone are capable of ‘Freezing an account’ apparently if you are a member of the serving armed forces and you are deployed. Vodaphone states ‘

You can apply for a break in your Pay monthly contract for you and your family (including any family member who is also being deployed) for up to three years’ 

Thanks again for your support Jayach