Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Broadband app not compatible with my router

steveaxt
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I live in an apartment block and I am therefore subject to wi-fi interference. Generally I have been able to resolve the situation by manually setting the channel using the app but when I tried last week I found that the app had changed and was asking for a user name and password.. I found the  would accept my My Vodafone credentials but it then tells me that it couldn't find a compatible router. I went on to the support chat, suspecting that the router I have had since I changed to VDSL about 5 years ago (maybe longer - certainly before the pandemic) was obsolete. The pictures at

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband/Broadband-app/2098521522/We-re-updating-the-Home-Broadband-...

suggests I have a VOX 2.5 router which is indeed incompatible. Also, the browser interface didn't seem to allow me to set my own channel either. The support chat person said I had the latest version of the router, but that was clearly untrue.

Am I entitled to an upgrade to enable me to use the app again and to hopefully manually set the channel. Also sooner or later my landline will move to VOIP - which means I will have to plug my phone into the router - does this router support VOIP phones?

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @steveaxt We'd need access to your account to look into this for you. If you reach out to our sales team on 191 of via Live Chat, they'll be able to take a closer look into this for you 😊

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The Vox 2.5, better known as the HHG2500 was superseded by the Vox 3.0, THG3000 about 4 years ago.

Assuming you have been renewing your contract I'm surprised you haven't been issued the new router at renewal, but I don't know Vodafone's official stance on router upgrades.

So, yes contact them and ask for a replacement because, as you say, the earlier router is not compatible with digital voice. (VoIP)

But now some bad news. Once you do get the later router, they have removed the ability to choose your own channels. There are ways around that, but it's a bit of a faff.