Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No broadband option available

fowang
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Guys

I have a problem when trying to order Vodafone broadband package is that it tells me it is not available to me.  While it is available in every other house within my Postcode.

I have spoken to online chat who gave differing answers, one being told that my postcode was at capacity and that it would have to wait a week for the website to be updated. 

While I waited a week I emailed Openreach to see what the issue was as I do have FTTP supplied by BT their response was this:

"I can confirm that Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) is available for you to order and currently FTTP service is active with BT as well to for Vodafone an new order is need to placed, a survey request will then be sent to Openreach. This survey is used to determine what additional work is required to get service connected from fibre equipment to your premise. 

Your provider will keep you updated throughout the order journey and can get updates direct from Openreach as our engineering teams work out the best way to provide service to your premise.

If your service provider has any issues placing an order they can contact us directly."

I then spoke to someone on the phone to try and get further up the support chain to speak to someone in support where i was told as its not on the system I couldn't place an order so nothing could be done.

So I am asking here now to see if there is anything that can be done.  I would like to get a connection from Vodafone as mt wife will be working for Vodafone very soon and it would be silly not to take advantage of the staff discounted broadband.

One last thing of note there is not a copper land line in my house and FTTP was installed on march 2020 after speaking to Openreach to install it.

Anything else I can gladly send over via direct message if needed.

Cheers

J

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

.@fowang It sounds like the VF database is out of step with BT OpenReach, which is why you're getting "computer says no". If you need to get on FTTP urgently then the only solution is to shop around and see who else is offering a service.

Yeah I am looking as I've seen this on posts from other people on the forum.  I would like it looked into as I think there is something that VF can do rather then the wait and see option that's been flung about.  But its all getting speaking to the right team.