Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Option not to get voice?

XR219
3: Seeker

Hi All,

Looking at ordering VF Full Fibre 900, and there doesn't seem to be an option to not take voice? I was with VF years ago on ADSL and the great thing one you didn't need to take a landline number. Are you now forced to have a number with full fibre?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

The VF router has no bridge mode!  On FTTP if you don't want Digital Voice, you can get your service username and password and then connect your own router to the ONT/PON!

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

CrimsonLiar

There's nothing that forces you to use the number!  I was on VDSL2 for a few years with VF and it was cheaper to take the option with a landline and then not use it than take the option with no landline!

XR219

The reason I was asking was that I've read that if you have digital voice, you can't use your own router and I want to use my current Amplifi router setup and put the VF router in bridge mode. I've no intention of using the number :Laughing_Face:

CrimsonLiar

The VF router has no bridge mode!  On FTTP if you don't want Digital Voice, you can get your service username and password and then connect your own router to the ONT/PON!

XR219

Thats great! I didn't realise it was ethernet presentation from the wall! That will make it MUCH easier :Laughing_Face: