Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PRO II won't pair to Vodafone Broadband APP

JArcher101
2: Seeker

We have just got the Pro II but having difficulty pairing to the broadband app. The first time after installing the app, it finds the router and says press the WPS on the router within 2 minutes. After completing this it loops back to searching for network and router.

It will repeatedly find the router and say press continue to pair with your app, at which point it loops back to the searching. 

Restarting the phone, or reinstalling the app will allow you to reach the WPS stage again but then loop back on any further tries.

Restarting the router and resetting it have no effect.

Have tried an APK of an earlier version of the app but only the most recent V6 has support for the Pro II.

Have tried 3 different mobile devices all to the same effect.

14 REPLIES 14

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JArcher101, I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty pairing your app and router. So we can take a closer look into what could be causing this, please pop us a message via our social channels and one of our team will be able go through some trouble shooting steps. As our social team are online 24/7, there will be less of a delay in our replies.

Lucas14

New Pro 2 user right here and I'm getting exactly the same issues as you, tried on both android and Iphone.

With an Iphone you cant even WPS, going in via the "not your hub" and scanning the QR just goes in an endless loop.

With an android, WPS works then it goes back to the analysing network menu.

It's kinda like you gotta be connected to the wireless first and then it makes you attempt to connect again despite the fact you are already connected...

Yep, I'm going to get in touch with the pro II dedicated 'WiFi Xperts' team on Thursday when I'm WFH to try and resolve.

I have also tried on an android simulation on my laptop and this threw up a "Router model not supported" which I hadn't gotten before, perhaps due to how new the device is

I can successfully control the Hub from the web UI and have tried pairing to the app at default settings and with my own settings applied. I would rather manage from the web UI or a laptop based utility anyway but unfortunately the only way to pair the super booster appears to be via the app, WPS doesn't work for this.

I'm gonna guess as this is the first version of the app with support for the Pro II it's gonna be some minor bug related issue that will be sorted soon, & hopefully if Vodafone aren't already working on a fix they soon will when we get in touch with them. Funnily enough the agent I bought off hadn't sold these yet and had to speak to 4 of her colleagues to figure out how to sell it, which was amusing but didn't cause any issues.

Hi,

Did you get this resolved and how? I'm having the same issue

So update - 

The line went live on the 10th November 22 and prior to this i was unable to pair the router to the app, it reached the WPS stage and then started again (at this time the router was powered and receiving a connection via the 4G backup but not from the FTTP Line)

Once the line went live and the Hub was operating over the FTTP line it was able to pair with the app, I'm not sure if this is an intentional restriction by Vodafone but was frustrating it's not mentioned anywhere, and I wanted to have the network set up and devices connected to it ready for the working line takeover. 

Once i was able to pair with the app the next hurdle was the 'Super WiFi' booster tile not showing and thus not allowing a booster to be paired to the router. Tobi advised me to try pairing manually via WPS (not mentioned again in any paperwork as an option) but this threw an error on both the booster and router meaning a factory reset was required to the booster (red light). After turning the booster on and off a few times, and whilst on hold to the WiFi Xpert team the tile randomly appeared in the app and allowed the connection.

Unfortunately, it seems you need to wait for the WLT to complete and the hub to be connected via FTTP

before it will successfully pair. Or it could just be a number of bugs in the app as it's still quite a new piece of tech for Vodafone

Thanks for the update

We just got another booster and the tile still wasn't showing in the app.

After phoning i got through to the 'Xperts' and if you give them the S/N of your Ultra hub they can push the super wifi tile to appear in the app remotely. this works to allow the connection of boosters, but after this process, the tile appears greyed out and clicking says the service is unavailable. please try again later.

And just to share my resolution too:

Same activation date as you ! App kept on refusing to pair, called Wifi experts and they were super helpful. somehow the activation failed according to them. Had to reset router to factory settings and reconnect, this allowed for some firmware to download on the router, took about 30-40 mins of download and reboots then I was able to pair my phone to the app, then they enabled something remotely on the router and all of a sudden the super wifi appeared, I was guided though setting up and all working ok for me.

Wifi expert support is great, I'd suggest speaking with them everytime.

thebat1986
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have exactly the same issue. Have you been able to resolve this?

I am IOS