Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pro 2 broadband cant connect Ring doorbell

Ka6r9en
2: Seeker

Hi

I'm not very techy. I can't connect my Ring doorbell which apparently is on the 2.4ghz frequency. I have looked in the general settings and it says 2.4/5/6, but I can't edit these  (it's says go to superwfi on the app but can't seem to do it there either. Can anyone help? The doorbell connected with my last black vodafone hub.

Thank you

33 REPLIES 33

I wanted to but we have the phone so we need the router 

Pixam

Its the firewall on the new hub (Ultra Pro - White One) preventing Ring connecting to the main Wi-Fi network. You could disable permanently it but its NOT recommended.

You can test this by disabling it temporarily under Expert mode on the hub settings page > Internet > Firewall and then disable it and it should connect..

As I didn't want to keep the firewall disabled, I've had to set mine up on the guest network which somehow bypasses it.

Huh, that’s interesting. TBH connecting the Ring to the guest network is probably the right thing to do for a few reasons, but that’s because it’ll communicate over the internet rather than the local network. I don’t think the same is true for HomeKit devices? Will they connect if your phone and/or HomeKit hub aren’t also on the guest network? I have yet to have the time to try the suggestion above about renaming networks then renaming them back but if what you say is correct then it won’t work as the firewall will still block it. 

I have set up a guest network as well and ring connected to that first time.

I tried using comparability mode first but it still was not playing nice.

A few resets and headshakes later I tried the guest as the last resort.

Luckily it worked!

It's called something daft. I will probably try change it sometime but I'm not going to faff about any more tonight!

Hi,

Is this still working? I managed to get my Ring equipment working using the same method but it eventually failed again after a week or so. The guest network does use 5ghz as well. Vodafone seem to think that 2.4ghz is old tech and not necessary but this isn't true as it's better for home smart devices as 2.4ghz provides a lower speed but more stable and better ranged connection. I think splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz would solve the problem but when I had a BT router I didn't need to do this so I think it's a 'feature' of Vodafones new wifi 6 routers. Which is possibly why they won't lety customers have full access to them.

Regards,

Mike.

Yeah still working!

I have guest and compatibility mode on and it seems to be ok so far.

My routers about 3 meteres from the ring

Thanks for the info. Hope it stays working!

wockingtons
3: Seeker

Same issue here.

Just got the router set up and it was going well till my ring doorbell 4 decided to jump off the network.

I think i will need to try on my OH ios device before using a guest network. Do we know if the guest network is 2.4ghz only?

Cheers!

cyanagosa

Same issue here ring doorbell 3 used to work fine but not now. on the ring website doorbell 3 and upwards are 2.4 & 5 ghz compatible 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @cyanagosa - please reach out to our Home Broadband Support team on 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from a different phone. They can then take a look from our side.