Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacing Vodafone router

Guerolito
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I'm not especially into tech so apologies for my ignorance or if my question is idiotic - essentially I've been on a Vodafone Fibre plan for nearly 3 years now and was supplied with a Vodafone THG3000 Wi-Fi hub. Speed wise it's never been outstanding - averaging around 45Mbps - I can deal with that, however its range has consistently been terrible with devices in the upstairs of my house, particularly in the home office, with the connections dropping out daily.

As such, I've been wondering whether to replace the THG with a different router with better range (Currently looking at a Tenda AC10U AC1200 router as it seems decent and is fairly inexpensive) but I was wondering if I would also be required to purchase a modem as well? Or can the THG wi-fi hub be reconfigured to act as a modem?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Yes, you'll have to buy a seperate modem as it appears you're on fttc (vdsl2). But I ask you to consider a better router. Replacing an AC3000 rated router with an AC1200 totally defeats the object if you're looking for speed.

Talking of speed, how are you testing, wifi or LAN?

Cynric