Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router System Error Codes

JB_MASON
4: Newbie

Hi all,
Can anyone direct me to where I can look up the error codes that appear on the router events log?
They are maybe for Vodafones use only, but I'm a nosey ##~## and would love to know what the errors mean. 😜

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup the messages that you posted are not firewall warnings.  They are messages that some code on your router is going to run using the user "vodafone", and that an unauthorised request is going to be redirected to a "NotAuthorised" handler.  Those scripts may be generated as the result of errors, but they are not the errors themselves.

See: https://www.lua.org/about.html

FIN!

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

They all have suggested speeds and we all know the likely hood of getting the suggested speed isn't the guaranteed rate you will get.

I live 1 mile away from the main exchange based on speedtest info.
The ping rate varies between 13 and 27 also the jitter rate from 1.73 to 4.73.
There is also very strong possibility that there is 14 or 15 different cabinets between me and the main exchange. 

BT here is 33mbps Download & 12.7 Upload.
PO here is 39mbps Download & 7.8 Upload

Vodafone currently 35mbps Download and 4.8 Upload, but it might change once they finish working on it.
Day 1 I wasn't even getting the guaranteed minimum rate of 25mbps that they wrote on the vodafone welcome letter. It's slowly being going up every other day.

Also outreach are working in the area putting in new cabling and from what I over heard of them talking to each other on their radios. The line is only pumping out 150mbps instead of the 250mbps they are pushing through testing the new lines. And god only knows when they will get around to connecting the new lines.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@JB_MASON wrote:

They all have suggested speeds and we all know the likely hood of getting the suggested speed isn't the guaranteed rate you will get.

They should give you an estimated speed when you join. 

I live 1 mile away from the main exchange based on speedtest info.
The ping rate varies between 13 and 27 also the jitter rate from 1.73 to 4.73.
There is also very strong possibility that there is 14 or 15 different cabinets between me and the main exchange. 

The BT checker I posted earlier will give you the cabinet no.

BT here is 33mbps Download & 12.7 Upload.
PO here is 39mbps Download & 7.8 Upload
As I said, the ISP really shouldn't matter, except for slight differences due to the hardware supplied and maybe setting tweaks.

Also outreach are working in the area putting in new cabling and from what I over heard of them talking to each other on their radios. The line is only pumping out 150mbps instead of the 250mbps they are pushing through testing the new lines. And god only knows when they will get around to connecting the new lines.

That will be for FTTP and from other posts on here Vodafone always seem to be the last to offer it.

Sad thing is I would have to go back to BT to get FTTP service. 
Northern Ireland doesn't have vodefone on the list 

Jayach

I hadn't realised you were in Northern Ireland.

😂Everyone seems to forget that we are part of GB/UK. 
And if they don't hurry up and get these UK & EU Broader Protocols setup.
I can see them selling us back to Ireland and then all hell will break loose.
The troubles in the past would be nothing compared to what would happen if we go back to a United Ireland.  😏