Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Router randomly disconnects from random devices

DodgyHardware
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello Vodafone community

We have had issues with our vodafone wifi hub since day 1, but it's recently gotten to the point where its barely useable. 

It started with the router disconnecting the booster with Alexa - resetting everything got this to connect again for another few weeks before ceasing to be able to connect at all. Vodafone supplied us with a second, non-alexa enabled booster (and assured us they'd send out a new alexa one when available, 6 months+ ago) which was never able to connect to the router. 

Now, almost daily, individual devices will decide they can't connect - a mobile phone one day, a laptop the next. My ps5 currently says it can't connect through either wifi or ethernet, but netflix (and only netflix) works fine. The other day netflix was the only thing not working

I am at my wits end - customer service has no advice beyond restarting or factory resetting the router, and having done both a great many times now I'm hoping someone else has had a similar problem, and has some suggestions

Many thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@DodgyHardware  Please:

- go to the router log and see whether there are any disconnects or other errors,

- see if the router is running the 2.4GHz WiFi on channel 12 or 13, that may at least account for some devices.

Cant access my router right now as I'm out but from memoery i don't think it showed anything odd - in fact it was showing the ps5 as connected earlier when the ps5 disagreed