cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can anybody confirm something regarding port forwarding?

norfolk_uk
4: Newbie

I have previously successfully hosted a website from home a couple of years ago. Using the same equipment I am having trouble with now.

My problem is outlined here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Can-t-access-my-website-externally-and-I-can...

After some digging I am going to state that port forwarding on the THG3000, with firmware version: 19.4.0551-3261103 does not work even if configured in the GUI.

Can anyone contradict this?

2 REPLIES 2

norfolk_uk
4: Newbie

I have just been on an online chat with Vodafone and made it to level 3 support where I was told the following and I quote:

"I would like to tell you that now port forwarding do not work on the Vodafone supplied router and according to the new policy of Vodafone , they have now stopped the port forwarding for Vodafone supplied router .

I can understand what you have mentioned to me however due to multiple complications it has been created , the Vodafone decided to switch it OFF . People were facing lots of problems due to port forwarding that is why Vodafone stopped that practice and now it is not available here , I am afraid ."

So it that true? Does anyone have port forwarding working on a Vodafone supplied router?

If this is true then the only apparent recourse is to buy a 3rd party router. Unbelievable!

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@norfolk_uk wrote:

Can anyone contradict this?

See the other thread, there wasn't any need to start a new one.