Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Seagate NAS not working with Voadfone router

Chrismo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just switched to Vodafone and their router and my Seagate personalcloud NAS/media server won't connect. It was fine on my other suppliers router! Can see it as a webpage but no drives and seagate remote access isn't working

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's try and get you started here!

Locally you will probably need to remap the drives, either manually or I presume that Seagate have an app for this.  Regards remote access, if it's not on already the easy way is to turn on uPnP in the router web interface.  Otherwise, its going to be a trip to the Seagate support sites to find the info on the couple of ports on the router that need to be forwarded.

Thanks for responding but Mapping the drives is not the problem actually getting through the router to access the NAS is. For other makes of NAS I see people have had to either switch to a different router or install a separate ethernet switch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a problem with the old HHG2500 router and mostly Synology devices for sure, but I can't recall seeing the same number of issues being reported since VF started issuing the THG3000.  The other issue that we used to have with the older router and NAS boxes appeared to be related to poor implementation of the multicast protocols, again the THG3000 does not seem to get the same issues reported.

As far as I'm aware all it takes to get a NAS working with the THG3000 is getting the correct ports forwarded.

Hi thanks for this. I have now managed to get it working